Develop the Skills to Make You a Standout in Today's Retail Environment
This 8-week certificate program is for those pursuing a career in market segments impacted by ecommerce growth, specifically traditional brick-and-mortar retail. Information features proven methods of running a successful omni-channel business, including digital, physical, and catalog and provides a close look at the business models of today’s most successful practitioners. The program defines omni-channel financial goals leading to profitability, customer behavior analysis, ecommerce success factors, the impact of social media and the use of new technologies such as AI and AR. A group research project provides the opportunity to experience how to take a business, your company, and your career to the next level. Learn from highly experienced industry professionals through lecture, panels, discussion and off-site market tours.
Fall 2019 Dates
SXR 110-55A: October 15 - December 10, 2019
Time: Every Tuesday and Thursday, 6:30pm to 9:30pm
What You Will Learn
- How to measure today's retail landscape to see where true opportunities for brands and business exist
- Why brick-and-mortar retail and catalogs are not dead
- How to track shopping preferences
- Ecommerce best practices including winners and losers analysis
- The value of data analytics and social media mining, as well as hot new technologies
- The impact of multi channels on merchandising decisions
- In-depth understanding of key retail metrics
- Traffic generating concepts to stimulate brick-and-mortar performance
- The role of logistics in achieving profits and customer satisfaction
- How to make confident decisions in business and in career performance
- Program developed and taught by top retail experts
- Program offers a universal look at modern retailing and combines theory with hands-on applications and market trips
- Information imparted is practical, and currently used in successful businesses
- Program has been developed with career advancement as goal for those who attend
- Earn a certificate from FIT/SUNY, a world-renowned college serving all businesses targeted to fashion
Meet Our Faculty
Certificate facilitator, retail consultant, former retail CFO and merchandising executive, adjunct instructor, Fashion Business Management, FIT.
Founder and president, the Center for Client Retention, author, The Welcomer Edge, Unlocking the Secrets to Repeat Business, and The Endangered Customer: Eight Steps to Guarantee Repeat Business.
Consultant, Fashion Retail Omni-Channel Solutions, former ecommerce and web business development executive.
Chief digital and omni-channel executive, pioneer in the world of retail digital transformation, including ecommerce, brick and mortar and consumer marketing.
Emerging technologies manager, FIT Division of IT.
CPA, current CFO, major 7th Avenue apparel/retail firm, former GVP Divisional Planning Manager, Macy’s, Audit Manager Deloitte-Trade Retail Practice.
Brand and experience design solutions expert; adjunct professor, Exhibition and Experience Design.
Global retail industry expert, and former retail and manufacturing planning and inventory control vice president; associate professor, Fashion Business Management.
2 sessions: Today’s Retail Landscape Overview: Omni-Channel Business Strategy Rationale
2 sessions: Strategies to Foster Customer Relationships and Enhance Cross Channel Repeat Business
2 sessions: On-line Shopping Platforms: Winner, Losers, and Why
1 session: Maximizing Social Media for Customer Intelligence
1 session: Leading Edge Technologies Impacting Retail Performance
2 sessions: Merchandising in an Omni-Channel Structured Business
2 sessions: Financial Performance Indicators and Goals
2 sessions: Maximizing Brick and Mortar to Generate Excitement, Traffic, and Sales
1 session: New World Retail Management and Logistics a Competitive Force
1 session: Program Capstone/Presentations
Center for Continuing and Professional Studies (CCPS)
FIT's CCPS offers credit and non-credit courses in fashion, business, design, computer technology, and marketing, as well as a range of certificate programs to help you enter and advance in the fashion and related industries. With short seminars, multi-session courses, and flexible schedules, you can learn at a time and pace you can manage and afford.
Professional Studies, a Continuing and Professional Studies (CCPS) unit offers a vast selection of topical, substantive programs. HOT TOPICS short courses and professional development certificate programs give companies and their employees an advantage in today's competitive business world, whether the need is for training or retraining.