FIT's Career & Internship Services collaborates with employers to assist them in hiring and hosting our students for career opportunities and credited internships.
Connect with FIT Students and Alumni
We offer numerous services that employers can use to connect with our students and alumni. Members from our team are available to connect with you to discuss your hiring needs, discuss best practices, develop brand awareness, and build a recruitment plan for hiring FIT talent.
Our students are eager to gain firsthand experience in their fields; your company can play a role in their transition from student to professional. We recommend that sponsors promote their academic credited internship descriptions at least 3-4 months before the semester in which they hope to attract interns to give their positions the best chance of being considered by our students.
See: Sponsor an Intern
Through our Career Services Job Bank (CSJB) recruiters can promote their vacancies
by listing paid freelance, full-time, part-time, and temporary position descriptions
exclusively for FIT students and alumni. In addition, employers who are interested
in sponsoring an intern can post their academic credited internship. Interested in a more direct approach?
Recruiters can use their CSJB employer accounts to register for career fairs or on-campus
» Symplicity powers our career and internship database. This service is free! Sign Up OR Log Into our Career Services Job Bank (CSJB)
Contact [email protected] if you have issues creating or accessing your account.
Representatives from varying fashion-related industries can engage in FIT’s On-Campus Recruitment. Meet and interview our students during the Spring and Fall semesters. See our programs below:
Career and Internship Services adheres to the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) policy statement regarding internships and the Department of Labor Standards Federal guidelines for internships. Please consider these when developing your internship posting/program. Failure to adhere to FIT’s established community standards, policies, and protocols will result in the immediate revocation of your ability to use this site. This revocation will be at FIT’s sole discretion.
- You are eligible to post a position and recruit at SUNY Fashion Institute of Technology if you are recruiting for a legitimate permanent or temporary full-time, part-time, freelance, or internship opportunity.
Employers May NOT:
- Ask for fees to pay for training, applications, or other job-related expenses (excluding federal and state licensing requirements such as real estate, securities, etc.)
- Ask a student intern to pay any fee except for housing or tuition
- Ask a student to deposit a fee or reimburse any kind of payment as part of recruiting practice
- List positions that are solely commission-based