Career Planning and Advising
We can provide job placement assistance and career guidance in making the transition from student to working professional. Our services are free for life for all alumni and available to all students enrolled in the college. We are open year round, and we encourage you to utilize the full range of services we have to offer early on in your college career.
Current students (enrolled in at least one credit class) and alumni are eligible to meet with our career advisors. Get help with:
- resume and cover letter writing
- job opportunities
- interviewing preparation
- freelance opportunities
- salary negotiation
- career and job exploration
- labor market information
- career decision making
- social media use
Advisors are available by appointment or during walk-in periods. You should arrive promptly; bring pen, paper, and your current resume.
Please schedule an appointment directly through the Career Services Job Bank (CSJB) (for quick career and internship questions requiring 15 minutes or less, log into the CSJB to view virtual and in-person Drop-In slots available without an appointment).
Log into your CSJB account, go to your Calendar, and click on "Request a Counseling Appointment." If you need an appointment outside of regular office hours (Monday-Friday, 9am - 5pm), you will also need to make special arrangements with your counselor in order to be admitted into B-202 after office hours.
FIT CSJB Terms of Agreement
(located at http://www.symplicity.com/terms_of_use/) and the following FIT terms and conditions. FIT reserves the right to modify these terms at any time, which will be posted on this page. Use of this site following any modifications constitutes your express acceptance of the revised terms then in effect.
1. Access: Access to the CSJB is provided as a courtesy solely to students currently registered for a class(es) for academic credit at FIT and to degree graduates from FIT. You may not provide others access to or otherwise distribute postings or information from the CSJB.
2. No FIT Responsibility for Employer Postings: FIT has no formal affiliation with employers whose postings appear on the CSJB, and FIT assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or genuineness of any employer’s posting. FIT provides the CSJB and its contents on an “as is” basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to the site or its contents, including salary or other compensation, working conditions, physical environment, or any other aspect of employment as listed in postings on the CSJB. In addition, FIT does not represent or warrant that the information or contacts provided through CSJB are accurate, complete, or current.
3. Job Data: For statistical purposes, you are required to complete the CSJB Placement Form through Symplicity as soon as you are hired as a result of a CSJB job posting. This form requires that you report your job title, the name of your employer, and your start date and salary. This statistical information will be reported in aggregate form only (i.e. de-identified) and will otherwise be kept confidential.
4. Use of Site: You expressly acknowledge that the use of the CSJB website and service is at your sole risk. FIT is not liable for any direct, incidental, special, or consequential damages that may result from the use of, malfunction, or inability to use the CSJB. This includes, but is not limited to, reliance by you on any information obtained from the CSJB or from FIT in connection with the CSJB that may result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files or e-mail, errors, defects, viruses, delays in operation or transmission, or any failure of performance, whether or not resulting from natural disasters, communications failure, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access of FIT records, programs, or services.
5. Counseling and Communications: FIT provides career-related counseling and advising to students registered for a class(es) for academic credit at FIT and to degree graduates from FIT. However, all communications with respect to your application to any posting from the CSJB should be made directly with the prospective employer; FIT has no obligation to facilitate any aspect of your candidacy for any position.
6. Application Expectations and Guidelines: If you schedule an interview with an employer based on a posting from the CSJB, you are expected to keep all arrangements for the interview and to report to the interview on time. In an emergency, if you need to cancel your interview, you must call the employer as soon as possible and reschedule your appointment. Before you accept a job offer resulting from a CSJB post, be certain that you know your job responsibilities, your salary, your start date, and your work schedule. These essential terms of your employment should be reflected in an offer letter from or a written agreement with the employer. When you accept a job offer from an employer, it is expected that you will act in good faith and will show up for work on the agreed upon day and time.
7. Non-Compliance: Failure to adhere to FIT’s established community standards, policies and protocols will result in immediate revocation of your ability to use this site. This revocation will be at FIT’s sole discretion.
Career and Internship Services
Spring and Fall: Mondays–Fridays, 9 am–5 pm
Summer: Mondays–Thursdays, 9 am–5 pm (closed Fridays, except when there's a Monday holiday closure in the same week)
Counseling hours change each semester.
» Make a Career Counseling Appointment