Post Graduation

Taking advantage of opportunities to live and work abroad after graduation is a great way to gain international experience before starting a career. This list was put together as a way to give students some general ideas about the types of work abroad opportunities that are out there.  

Live And Work Abroad

Teach English

Teaching English abroad is a great way to obtain a visa for both short and long-term stays. Most programs only require a Bachelor's degree to be eligible to apply. 

France: Teaching Assistant Program in France (TAPIF)

Japan: Japan Exchange & Teaching (JET)

Korea: English Program in Korea (EPIK)

Spain: North American Language and Culture Assistants

Working Holiday

Some countries offer short-term, temporary visas for Americans to live and work in a variety of different fields.

Ireland: Working Holiday Authorization (WHA)

New Zealand: Working Holiday Visa

Work & Intern

Established in 1962, BUNAC is recognised as a specialist in overseas work, travel and volunteer programs and has enabled over 500,000 people to explore the world and gain valuable life skills.  Current working holiday and/or internship opportunities include programs in Australia, Canada, Germany, New Zealand, and the UK.

Founded in 1963, Cultural Vistas is a nonprofit exchange organization promoting global understanding and collaboration among individuals and institutions. Every year, Cultural Vistas provides individulas with the opportunity to live, learn, and experience life in more than 25 countries around the world.

Fulbright Program

Fulbright is an American scholarship programs that provides grants for international educational exchange for students, scholars, teachers, professionals, scientists and artists. Different grant types are offered to study and research or serve as an English Teaching Assistant abroad. 

Worldwide: Fulbright Program 

Peace Corps

Peace Corps is a volunteer program run by the United States government to serve in countries around the world. 

Worldwide: Peace Corps

Graduate School

Germany:  DAAD Study Scholarship - Highly qualified final year undergraduate students or those who have received an undergraduate degree of all disciplines may apply for the DAAD Study Scholarship for a full Master's degree program at a German university or for study at a German university as part of a postgraduate or Master's degree program completed in the home country. 

London: Mountbatten Institute - Mountbatten participants live in London and undertake a full-time, 12-month practical training placement, while studying towards an MBA degree, an MA or Postgraduate Certificate.

United Kingdom: Marshall Scholarships - Marshall Scholarships finance young Americans of high ability to study for a degree in the United Kingdom. Up to forty Scholars are selected each year to study at graduate level at an UK institution in any field of study.

Related Conferences

Discover opportunities about life after study abroad at the New York Metro Study Abroad Group's Back to the Big Apple Conference. The Conference is hosted annually, usually in October. For more details and upcoming Conferences, please visit the Conference Website.
 NYMSAG Conference image