Student Contests and Industry-Sponsored Projects
Policy No. AA012
Student contests and industry-sponsored student projects, competitions and collaborations are essential and important components of teaching and learning at FIT, and as such, support the College mission and strategic plan goals. These activities support FIT’s commitment to applied learning, providing opportunities for students to engage in research, critical thinking and problem solving, in combination with business and real-world situations and timelines in a professional environment. Together with industry critiques, mentoring and recognition, students are provided with opportunities to engage with professionals in the field under the guidance of the faculty.
Who is Affected by this Policy
- Senior Administrators
- External industry sponsors
- Responsible Administrator: Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Responsible Office: Academic Affairs
- Implementation History: Issued June 2015; Updated June 2017, July 2018, November 2020, November 2022
- Contact(s): Coordinator of Student Contests and Industry-Sponsored Projects
View Official Policy
AA012, Student Contests and Industry-Sponsored Projects (.pdf)
*This PDF document is the official version of this policy.