Retirement Counseling Schedules
Below you will find retirement plan counseling sessions information related to:
- SUNY Optional Retirement Program
- SUNY 403(b) Voluntary Savings Plan
- New York State Deferred Compensation Plan*
- New York State Teachers' Retirement System
- FIT Foundation Retirement Plan
SUNY Optional Retirement Program (SUNY ORP) | SUNY 403(b) Voluntary Savings Plan
Individual counseling sessions are available with the Authorized Investment Providers that will help you answer questions such as:
- Am I on the right track to reach my retirement financial goals?
- What asset allocation mix, and investment strategy is best for me?
- What is the best retirement income strategy for me?
To schedule an appointment with the consultant, Steve Baumeister, please visit the online scheduling portal or please call TIAA at (800) 732-8353, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 8 pm. Phone and video conferencing is available.
To schedule an appointment, please call Alex Cañas of VOYA at (800) 759-9317, Monday through Friday, for phone and video conference availability. You may also contact Alex at (631) 755-0849 or (917) 613-4810 or [email protected]voyafa.com. See also: SUNY Retirement Programs
AIG Retirement Services
To schedule an appointment with the consultant, Alexandra Sbordone, please call Fidelity Investments at (800) 642-7131, or you may schedule your appointment online for phone and video conference availability. To register and set up your appointment online, go to Fidelity.com.
- Select One-on-One Consultation, then click on Continue
- Select Your Employer (State): New York
- Select Your Employer (Institution): SUNY State University of New York.
- Complete the required sections on the Registration Information screen, then click on Continue
- Select your desired appointment day, click on the Show Available Times, select a time, and click Reserve
- Review the summary information on the next screen and if all the information is accurate click Confirm to set up your appointment.
New York State Deferred Compensation Plan
(Available to employees of FIT only)
You can schedule a virtual appointment with an NYSDCP representative to discuss enrollment, your existing account, and your retirement goals. To speak with a representative by phone please call (800) 422-8463. You can also visit NYSDCP to enroll, find retirement planning resources and more.
New York State Teachers' Retirement System (NYSTRS)
No matter how far along you are in your career, careful financial and retirement planning are critical. NYSTRS’ Pension & Retirement Education Program (PREP) is designed to help members of all ages accomplish that. Members can tailor PREP to fit their needs by attending an entire seminar (8:30 am - 3:30 pm) or just those modules that help them the most: NYSTRS benefits; financial planning; Social Security; estate planning; retirement—a new beginning; and the retirement process.
PREP seminars are free, and sessions are held throughout the year across the state. The schedule is available on the Retirement Planning > Pension & Retirement Education Program page of the NYSTRS website.
FIT Foundation Retirement Plan (FIT Foundation employees)
Phone and video conferencing is available. To schedule an appointment with TIAA consultant, Steve Baumeister, please visit the online scheduling portal or please call TIAA at (800) 732-8353, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 8 pm.
*The New York State Deferred Compensation (NYSDCP) is not available to FIT Student Housing Employees.