Noncredit Study at FIT
We know you're busy. That's why FIT's Center for Continuing and Professional Studies has noncredit certificates and courses that will fit your demanding schedule. Our noncredit programs are unique offerings that focus on a specific area or skill set not traditionally offered in a formal degree program.
Search by keyword, course number, or interest.
Certificates are abbreviated courses of study in specialized fields that can provide much-needed skills and knowledge in specific areas. These certificates provide comprehensive coverage of a particular topic and grant a certificate of completion at the end of the course of study.
Noncredit certificates are designed for students seeking to elevate their career and pursue new opportunities. An FIT/SUNY certificate is an excellent addition to a resume, setting you apart from other candidates.
Certificate courses do not carry college credits; they cannot be transferred to another college or counted towards a degree program at FIT. You will receive a digital badge upon completion.
Art and Design
- Advanced CLO's 3D Garment Visualization
- Color Specialist for Art, Design, and Fashion-Related Products
- Computer Essentials for Graphic Design
- Costume Design and Wardrobe Technician
- Data-Driven Design for Digital Marketing and Social Media
- Fashion Experience for the Metaverse - NEW
- Fashion Styling: Advanced
- Fashion Styling Fundamentals
- Front-end Website Development Fundamentals
- Image Consulting
- Introduction to Browzwear's VStitcher
- Introduction to CLO's 3D Garment Visualization
- Introduction to 3D Printing for Designers
- Motion Graphics
- NFT and Digital Product Design - NEW
- Unity XR: AR, MR, VR Development
- User Experience (UX) Design
- User Interface (UI) Design
- UX/UI Master Certification
Business and Technology
- Beauty Business Essentials (online)
- Beauty Industry Essentials (online)
- Branding ESG for Advancing A Circular Economy & Sustainable Fashion
- Branding Essentials for Career and Business Success
- Computerized Patternmaking – Gerber Accumark PDS
- Fashion Business Essentials
- Fashion Events
- Footwear Business Foundations (online)
- Fragrance Awareness
- Gaming and Esports Industry Essentials (online)
- Intimate Apparel and Swimwear
- Introduction to Perfumery
- Predictive Analytics for Inventory and Marketing
- Product Development
- Sneaker Essentials (online)
- Sustainable Design Entrepreneurs
- The Personal Branding Plan
- The Startup Marketing Plan
Graduate Studies / Executive Education
- Promises and Pitfalls: An Introduction to Blockchain, Crypto, NFTs, and Web3
- Creative Practice
- EDPA Designer
- History and Development of the Beauty Industry
- Luxury and Lifestyle Brand Strategy
- Professional Practices and Business Development
- Building a Social Impact Program for Your Organization
- Technical Skills
Creative Workforce of the Future
We are living through a fundamental workforce transformation during which digital technology has begun to alter the skills companies are looking for. In collaboration with the Creative Technology & Design subject area, FIT’s Center for Continuing and Professional Studies (CCPS) is creating a series of certificates and specialized courses that are forward-thinking. Our mission is to initiate a transformative journey for creatives worldwide so they can design a better future for all of us in the digital age.
English Language Study
Programs are offered Spring, Summer, and Fall semesters. The various certificates and courses are designed for all levels of learning, from preparing students for college-level studies to those employed or seeking work in the global fashion and related industries.
Are you ready?