Preparing and Emailing Your Job
All services available for currently enrolled FIT students and FIT staff, faculty and departments. Alumni jobs not accepted.
Complete an order form and save your files as a psd, jpeg, jps, tiff, png, ai, pdf or stl. Create a folder labeled with your name and date and copy the files inside it. Email the folder to [email protected].
- Submit files the size you need them for 2d printing because we cannot scale them to specific dimensions. If you want your files to proportionally reduce or enlarge to fit the paper size of your choosing, choose the "Resize to Fit" option
- Bleeds and trim marks -- Printfx will not edit customer files, add bleeds etc. Select "Add Trim Marks" on the order form if you need cut guidelines. View our Bleeds & Cropmarks quick guide video for more information
- Proof file content. PrintFX staff is not responsible for spelling or grammatical errors
- Laser print limit -- 50 prints per job
- Sample book -- available at our front counter or view this video. Small swatches available by request
- File and print colorspaces -- Adobe RGB 1998. RGB color mode
- Adobe Illustrator -- outline fonts and embed or include linked images with file(s)
- File resolution -- 300dpi. View our Photoshop resolution and sizing tips video
- Email both file(s) and form(s) simultaneously and only once. Sending duplicate orders may not be caught by PrintFX staff resulting in you paying twice! Check your 'Sent' folder to confirm that your job was sent successfully
- Hold or rejected jobs -- respond in a timely manner to PrintFX's email notifications that we've either placed your job on hold or rejected it due to your errors. If you've been contacted and need to correct your job, the turnaround time will change based on the time you responded to us
- Review our job turnaround times and hours of operation prior to job submission. No rush orders until further notice. If you request a rush order via email, your job will be rejected
- Self-service trimmers -- board and paper trimmers available 9:00am-4:45pm M-F for students, staff, faculty and departments.
- File color vs. print color -- if you're concerned that the colors in your file might print out differently, we recommend soft proofing files using our self-service color-calibrated monitor prior to submitting your inkjet sheet or poster, fabric, specialty media and vinyl sticker job. Soft proofing provides a close preview of how your file's colors will look when printed on our printers. Softproofing and color adjustments done in Photoshop.
- Margin guidelines -- no borderless printing:
- Laser Prints & Inkjet Sheets -- No borderless printing. 1/8" - 1/4" uneven border around paper
- Inkjet Poster, Specialty Media, Budget Posters, Fabric Prints, Large Format Copies -- 1/8" - 1/4" on both sides of the width.
- Vinyl Stickers (printing only / no cutting) -- 24" vinyl rolls. File should be no larger than 23" in width and 120" in length
- Vinyl Stickers (cutting only) -- 24" vinyl rolls. File should be no larger than 21" in width and 60" in length
- Laser Cutting -- Maximum material / file size is 24"x48". Leave 1/4" around entire laser cut file
*Price changes and updated order forms!
Choose a service and download a fillable pdf order form below, save it to your local computer drive, open and complete it using Adobe Acrobat or Reader. Use our Services & Pricing guide (.pdf) to determine your cost. Guide is a pdf and may require Adobe Acrobat or Reader.
Prepare and save your order form(s) and file(s).
Button pins: Add your images to a button pin template and include this file with your completed Button Pin order form.
Spiral binding: Include both a completed Laser Printing and Binding order form along with your files as we don't accept hardcopies printed outside of PrintFX. Single-sided printing only. Double-sided printing suspended.
Create a folder labeled with your name and date onto your local computer drive and place a copy of your file(s), order form(s) and any other necessary documents inside.
Connect to your FIT Google Drive associated with your FIT email address (your job will be rejected if you use a non-FIT email address). Upload the folder and share it with [email protected].
Turnaround time depends on the service. We cannot accommodate your requests to complete jobs at a specific time within the 24hr timeframe. Rushes have been suspended until further notice.
Contact staff if you need to cancel your order which is possible if it hasn't already been processed. If we've started your job, you're responsible for its full cost even if you decide you no longer need it.
Payment and Job Pick Up
After receiving an email notification that your job is complete, add funds to your FIT eAccount and use our step-by-step instructions. Alternatively, use cash at the PhiL stations located on the 5th floor of the Library or in the basement of the Feldman Center, CC15. They accept $1, $5, $10, and $20 bills. Coins not accepted.
Pay and pick up your job at PrintFX's service desk, Pomerantz Center, Room D529A. Orders must be paid in full at time of pick up within 1-2 weeks after your order's been processed.
For budget transfers, complete a PrintFX Supply Reimbursement Authorization Form (.pdf) to email along with your order form(s) and file(s). PrintFX staff will reply with an estimated cost which needs approval before we can start the job. Double that amount for Rush jobs. Please note that the turnaround time does not start for your order until the cost is approved. If we don't receive the approval within 3 business days, the job will be canceled. Reimbursements approved April 15th through June 30th will be transferred in the following fiscal year.
Forms are pdfs and require Adobe Acrobat or Reader.