Creative Career Sample Outline
Each Creative Career workshop lasts four hours, from 11:30 am to 3:30 pm.
First Half of the Day
- About me: Learn about the person with your dream job and how they got it. School, first job, current job, etc etc etc.
- About the job: An overview of the daily tasks and overall responsibilities of your host, including challenges and rewards of the job, as well as what "typical Tuesday" looks like.
- Industry status and trends:Learn how the industry works and where it's going.
- Critical skills you need: Discover the things you NEED to know and how to use them to succeed.
Networking break: Most creative fields are small, so it is good to have some friends out there. Get some tips on breaking the ice and snack while sharing info.
Second Half of the Day
- Sample project and demonstration:
Experience a sample assignment you would get in the field and use the creative process to complete it.
- Wrap up the day with Q&A: You've got questions, they've got answers - now's the time to ask!
- A notebook/pen for note taking
- Snack for the 15 minute break