Policies, Requirements, and Forms

Add/Drop Period

 Add/Drop Policies and Details 

A $25 fee will be charged for each transaction. Web add/drops can be made online through MyFIT at no charge. If you wish to withdraw from the school (drop all classes), you must do so in writing or in person in Feldman Center, Room C158.

Course Cancellations

When the enrollment for a course is below the required number, the college reserves the right to cancel or combine such course with a similar course. This applies to all courses, both beginning and advanced. Notifications are sent to students enrolled in a cancelled course via their FIT email account.

Degree v. Non-Degree Status

  • Degree Status: FIT requires that both full and part-time students seeking a degree, including those seeking financial aid, must file the SUNY application and complete the formal admissions procedure.  Both full-time and part-time degree candidates must submit official high school transcripts indicating graduation or a passing score on the GED exam. For information on the admissions process, see the Admissions section on this website.
  • Non-Degree Status: Many part-time students may want to broaden their knowledge and professional skills with credit courses even though they have no immediate interest in earning a degree. Those students can register for classes as non-degree students. Non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid or residence hall space.  

Non-Degree Student Requirements

Non-degree students must complete the enrollment application to have an active student record created for them. Non-degree students must have earned a high school diploma or a GED (exceptions based on advanced high school enrichment will be considered by the appropriate academic dean).

FIT Students who have Stopped-Out for a Term

FIT degree students who have missed a semester at FIT (former students) and wish to be re-admitted into a degree program must go to the Office of Admissions, Feldman Center, Room C139 or visit the Readmission page. Currently enrolled FIT students must clear any holds placed on their record with the department that initiated the hold.


  • Registrar & Registration Center Forms
    Including: Add/Drop and Special Approval Form, Application for Exam Make-ups, Change of Address, Data Change, Enrollment and Degree Verification Request, Pass/Fail Grade Request, Transcript Request, Withdrawal/Refund of Tuition
  • Bursar's Office Forms
    Including: County Certificate of Residency and Affidavit Application