Public Access to Records
Policy No: GO001
The New York Freedom of Information Law is a series of laws designed to guarantee that the public has access to public records of governmental bodies in New York as set forth in the Public Officers Law of the Consolidated Laws of New York (N.Y. Pub. Off. Law Article 6 §84 et seq.(“FOIL”)). As applied to FIT, the law makes certain business and operating records of the college available to the public. The following information in the policy is in accordance with the NY FOIL statute as of the date of this policy; the college reserves the right to modify this policy in accordance with any amendments to the statute.
Who is Affected by this Policy
- All members of the FIT community
- Responsible Administrator(s): General Counsel and Secretary of the College; Vice President for Human Resource Management and Labor Relations
- Responsible Office(s): The Office of the General Council; Office of Human Resource Management and Labor Relations
- Implementation History: Issued April 1988; Updated September 2009, April 2016, August 2022
- Contact(s): Records Access Officer (General Counsel and Secretary of the College) and Records Access Appeals Officer (Vice President for Human Resource Management and Labor Relations)
View Official Policy
GO001, Public Access To Records (.pdf)
This PDF document is the official version of this policy.