Summer Middle School Workshop Courses
FIT's Precollege Workshops are fun, short programs that will introduce you to some of the unusual and creative topics that we specialize in at FIT. Spend four days learning a specific skill or technique or explore the many different career opportunities our graduates have. You'll be both challenged and inspired by the new techniques you'll learn and insights you'll develop in just four days!
Eligibility: Students entering grades 6, 7, 8, or 9 as of Fall 2022
Summer Precollege Office Hours: Monday–Thursday, 9 am–5 pm (FIT is closed on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from June through August, 2022)
Opens April 1, 2022
Ends June 8, 2022 (registration for remote courses will be completely closed after this date*)
*Due to the extensive technical process needed for class set up, we are unable to offer any late registration after our deadlines.
If you missed our registration date or the class you were hoping to register for was full this summer we recommend signing up for our mailing list here. Our team will be reaching our to you with future program dates!
PRICE: $185.00 Learn more about prices, refund policy etc
DATES and TIMES:
Please note that all summer workshops will be offered REMOTELY
New Student Orientation: TBA
Workshop Schedule: July 11, 12, 13, 14, 2022 (each workshops runs for four days)
- Morning Workshops: 9:30 am-12:30 pm
- Afternoon Workshops: 1:30 pm-4:30 pm
Students may register for morning, afternoon or both options for the week.
What is a remote course? A remote course is a fully digital experience offered through Google Classroom. Remote courses will require you to login in real-time for the lecture and classroom-style learning, and you will have access to additional resources (ie. tutorial videos, handouts etc.) when class time is over. You will be required to log on during specific class times to participate in virtual discussions, read lectures, complete assignments, and interact with the instructor and other students (REMINDER: attendance, participation and project completion are part of the grading process). Please review the required supplies for each course, as some courses will need students to acquire software, equipment or tools for full participation.
Minimum Requirements for Remote Learning:
- a computer or device (using a phone as the primary device is not recommended as some features may not be optimized)
- high speed internet connection
- additional specific material or equipment requirements will be posted with your courses' description as we receive them.
- Class supplies
- Remote Course requirements
- All new students must attend the Precollege Orientation (details coming in April)
- Courses may be cancelled due to low enrollment. Students will be notified by email if cancellations occur.
- Instructor Contact List *Please note: instructor assignments are subject to change
For assistance, email: [email protected]