The Opportunity of a Lifetime
FIT offers more than 60 international programs—you decide where you want to go and how long you want to study.
Find a Program Just for You
FIT in Italy
Study Fashion Design, Fashion Business Management, or take a liberal arts course in Florence or Milan.
Study abroad for a full semester. View programs by major and country.
Short on time? No problem! Study abroad during a shorter summer or winter session.
Programs Outside FIT
More study abroad programs are offered through the College Consortium for International Studies (CCIS) and the SUNY system.
Why Study Abroad?
Ready to apply to study abroad?
Study Abroad Learning Goals
- Explore the subject matter in a different cultural context
- Develop awareness of cross-cultural understandings between cultural perspectives of their own and those of the specific location
- Analyze multi-cultural understandings within a global context by examining inter-connectedness of local, global, international, and intercultural systems
- Gain an understanding of self and students’ own identities within a global context
- Develop self-awareness of ethnocentrism and learn to be inclusive and appreciative of different cultures
- Enhance intercultural competencies, such as the ability to communicate effectively, civilly, and appropriately in different cultural settings
- Engage in cross-cultural interactions academically, professionally, and socially
- Practice and understand sustainability issues as they relate to the course content and study abroad experience (if applicable)
- Be encouraged to think creatively and practice innovation as it relates to the course content and study abroad experience (if applicable)
- Enhance understanding of social justice issues and practices in different cultural settings