Group Study Space
Room E605 is located inside the FIT Library on the 6th floor of the Goodman Center. Access the 6th floor from the inner stairwells on the 5th floor of the Library (either from the Main Reading Room or from the Library Lobby).
During the fall and spring semesters, the Group Study Space will be available:
- Monday–Thursday: 9 am–7 pm
- Friday: 9 am–6 pm
- Saturday: 11 am–5 pm
- Sunday: Noon–7 pm
During winter and summer sessions, the group study space is available Monday–Friday, 9 am–5 pm.
Hours may change to accommodate library events/meetings and college closures.
- The library accepts reservations for a minimum of 3 students and a maximum of 8 students. However, exceptions can be made for solo students needing a space for a remote interview.
- Face masks are required to be worn while in this space.
- Room reservation check in and check out is done at the Access Services Desk on the 5th floor.
- The room is a meeting space for group projects and is intended for verbal group study
- E605 in NOT a project workspace for crafting, cutting, or painting. Use of markers and/or fixatives is strictly prohibited.
- Voices should be limited to conversational level. If noise is disruptive to others in the library, staff will intervene for policy compliance. Noncompliance will result in canceling the room reservation.
- Wi-fi is available, students may bring their own laptops
- Beverages in closed containers are permitted; food is prohibited.
- Trash should be removed, and the room left tidy upon completion of scheduled reservation.
- Personal materials should never be left unattended. The library is not responsible for personal items left in the room.
- Any library materials left behind will be returned to the stacks.
- The Group Study Space will be monitored by library staff and Public Safety personnel.
- There is a $25 replacement fee to be paid by the student making the reservation should the key to Group Study Room be lost.
- Use our Book IT page to reserve a timeslot
- The Group Study Space is available to current FIT students with valid FIT IDs.
- Reservations are required and can be made up to 14 days in advance; same day reservations are permitted. Reservations are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- You will receive a confirmation email from Book-It, please retain this email.
- Groups must arrive within 15 minutes of the reserved time or risk losing the reservation. Stop by the Access Services Desk to check out the key to the room and "check in" via the Book-IT system per your confirmation email
- The Group Study Space can be booked by the half hour for a maximum of 2 hours.
Students are encouraged to contact the Access Services Unit with questions or concerns about policies and reservations regarding the Group Study Space at (212) 217-4360 or [email protected].
last revised 2/1/2022