The Art of Personal Branding Certificate
Create & build your brand to connect with your audience
Summer 2022 Dates (Remote)
PBM 005: May 31 - July 7, 2022
Time: Every Tuesday and Thursday, 6:10pm to 8:50pm EDT
Online Platform: Blackboard - Remote
This certificate is designed with an interactive learning style to help you understand the principles of branding yourself. You will define your brand identity from values, personality, and purpose. What the brand stands for, which is the essence of your brand, will differentiate you from your competitors. You will learn techniques to craft your story and help you communicate a clear message about your brand. Through powerful and memorable storytelling, you will connect and gain trust from your audience through the journey. The common narration and values of the brand story will inspire your audience to join your brand purpose and community.
This certificate is for entrepreneurs that want to bring their personal brand vision to life, business owners that need to develop their brand story and propel their brand forward, and influencers/individuals that are interested in the essential framework of personal branding and storytelling.
- Post-It notes
- High-speed internet connection
- Laptop or desktop computer that is capable of running the latest browser
- Built-in or external webcam and speakers
*If you think you are eligible for the 10% Alumni Discount, please complete the Alumni Verification Form prior to registration in order to receive your discount code.
Learn How To
- Define your personal brand
- Determine your value - your X and Y factor
- Develop a unique positioning strategy
- Build a brand story
- Craft compelling content for your personal brand
- Connect with your audience through stories
- Create the visual language of the story
- Tell your brand story in a marketing campaign
- One-on-one mentorship to develop your brand
- Classes taught by top industry experts
- Earn a certificate from FIT/SUNY, a world renowned college of art and design, business and technology
Meet Your Instructor
Principal, thebrandingteam and Adjunct, Fashion Business Management, FIT
Christina Lee has over 20 years of lifestyle branding and multicultural marketing experience; specializing in brand strategy, development and management for talents and brands in fashion, sports, and entertainment. Her expertise is extending brands through strategic and creative development. Christina is currently the principal of thebrandingteam and an Adjunct at FIT.
- What is Personal Branding
- Understand Yourself
- Digital Personal Branding
- The Ingredients of Storytelling
- Communicating the Brand Story
- Visual Storytelling for Brands
- The application of Personal Branding & Storytelling
- Peer Workshare & Consultation
Center for Continuing and Professional Studies (CCPS)
FIT's CCPS offers credit and noncredit certificates and courses in fashion, business, design, technology, and marketing, to help you enter into or advance your career in the fashion and related industries. With short programs and flexible schedules, you can learn at a time and pace you can manage and afford.