Please read our Frequently Asked Questions. If you do not find the answer to your question, please contact one of the following departments:
- REGISTRATION QUESTIONS: For registration issues regarding credit courses, please contact the Registrar's Office at (212) 217-3820 or [email protected]. For registration issues regarding noncredit courses, please contact the Center for Continuing and Professional Studies at (212) 217-7715 or [email protected].
- APPLYING TO FIT ONLINE DEGREE PROGRAMS: For questions about applying to an FIT online degree program, for degree requirements, transfer credits, or course pre-requisites, please contact the Admissions Office at (212) 217-3760 or [email protected].
- NON-CREDIT COURSES AND CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS: For questions about online noncredit courses and certificate programs, contact the Center for Continuing and Professional Studies at (212) 217-7715 or [email protected].
- TRANSCRIPT REQUESTS: To request an official transcript please visit the Registrar's Office or call (212) 217-3820.
- USERNAME AND PASSWORD PROBLEMS: If your username and password are not working and you cannot log in to MyFIT or Blackboard, contact FIT's TechHelp.
- HELP USING BLACKBOARD: If you need assistance with Blackboard, call the SUNY Online Support Services Help Desk (open 7 days per week) at 1-844-673-6786. The SUNY Help Desk is available Monday through Friday from 7 am-midnight EST, Saturday from 10 am to 8 pm EST, Sunday from 10 am to 9 pm EST
- OTHER ONLINE AND BLENDED LEARNING MATTERS: For all other inquiries related to online and blended courses, please contact the Office of Online Learning at (212) 217-4069.
Mission Statement and Goals
About the Office
The Office of Online Learning and Academic Technologies supports faculty who develop and deliver FIT’s online, blended, and web-enhanced courses, as well as the students who take these courses. These courses foster exciting, dynamic learning communities in which the FIT faculty member gets to know every student and encourages meaningful interaction and teamwork.
The office is also responsible for the technologies supporting these courses, including the campus learning management system (Blackboard) and all integrated tools that support high-quality learning. We support FIT’s strategic plan by continuously, and thoughtfully, expanding online and blended courses, programs, and related academic technologies, thereby building flexibility in the curriculum, providing an empowering experience for students, encouraging greater participation in minors, and helping to retain an outstanding faculty.
- increase the number of online and blended courses, as well as fully online degree programs, to accommodate all interested learners
- help faculty design and teach high-quality online and blended courses and ensure that these courses meet the same rigorous standards as FIT’s face-to-face courses
- support all faculty in creating online content for their face-to-face, online, and blended courses by managing the Blackboard Learning Management System and related tools
- continuously offer best practices and tips that will help faculty improve their current online content
- provide support for students in online and blended courses, and basic helpdesk support for all other students
- lead the campus in adoption of emerging academic technologies, participation in cutting-edge global initiatives, and strategic partnerships with SUNY