Register for Classes
Before You Register
- Check your registration assignment date and time.
- Check your account for registration holds.
- Review your degree audit to register for the proper sequence of courses to complete the requirements for your major.
- You are encouraged to meet with an academic advisor regarding your curriculum. If you are EOP student, please contact Educational Opportunity Programs for advisement. If you are a student in a graduate program, please contact your department chair for advisement.
- Go to fafsa.gov to apply for financial aid. For questions about eligibility contact Financial Aid Services in Dubinsky Center, Room A212A.
- Prepare your schedule by searching for classes in Class Search. Class Search provides important information about the courses, including restrictions, pre-requisites, waitlists, general education attributes, and minor attributes.
- If you require a registration accommodation, contact Disability Support Services (FIT-ABLE). You may send an email to [email protected] or go to Dubinsky Center, Room A570.
Registration takes place online through MyFIT. Your registration period begins at your assigned date and time and continues through add/drop.
After You Register
- Degree Works is updated every 15 minutes. Any changes made (e.g., grade changes or classes added/dropped) may not appear until you wait 15 minutes, and log back into Degree Works. Run your degree audit again to confirm you are registered for required courses.
- As soon as you register for courses, you are responsible for the tuition unless you drop courses before the first day of the term. Click here for information on making payment.
- Click here for information on refund periods
When to Apply for Graduation
The semester before you plan to graduate (complete all your degree requirements), you must complete a graduation application in MyFIT. For students continuing at FIT for a bachelor's degree, first submit your AAS graduation application, then you will have access to the Bachelor Application.