Job Search Websites
There are numerous websites that have excellent articles on job searching and careers. Some of the best include:
- Firsthand - formerly Vault
- Talent.com - formerly Neuvoo
Career and Internship Services Materials
- Organizing Your Job Hunt (.pdf)
- Resume Guide (.pdf)
- Cover Letter Guide (.pdf)
- Prepare for the Interview (.pdf)
- How to Negotiate Your Salary (.pdf)
- Evaluating A Job Offer (.pdf)
- Common Mistakes at Job Fairs (.pdf)
- Navigating A Job Fair (.pdf)
For more handouts, please visit our office in Business and Liberal Arts Center, Room B202.
Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook - a nationally-recognized source of career information, designed to provide valuable assistance to individuals making decisions about their future work lives; the Handbook describes what workers do on the job, working conditions, the training and education needed, earnings, and expected job prospects in a wide range of occupations
- CFDA Resources & Tools - compiled by the Council of Fashion Designers of America
- Fashion Group International - a global non-profit association of over 6,000 professionals of achievement and influence representing all areas of the fashion, apparel, accessories, beauty, and home industries
- FIT Library Fashion Research Guides (by Subject)
- Just-Style.com - The online portal for apparel/textile industry professionals around the world. Just-style.com has developed into one of the most respected and fastest growing apparel/textile trade sites around.
- Library of Congress Fashion Industry Resource Guide
- Made in NY: Fashion - With guidance and oversight from the Mayor’s Office, Made in NY: Fashion lives within New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC), the City’s primary engine for driving economic growth, entrepreneurship, and job creation. In collaboration with the private sector, it is responsible for creating, developing, and implementing an array of specific programs to fortify fashion’s design, manufacturing, and educational sectors.
- United States Fashion Industry - Formerly the United States Association of Importers of Textiles and Apparel (USA-ITA)
- Women's Wear Daily - Often called "the fashion bible," WWD serves as the voice of authority, international newswire and agent of change for the fashion, beauty and retail industries.
Art and Design
- Gen Art - the leading arts and entertainment organization dedicated to showcasing emerging fashion designers, filmmakers, musicians and visual artists
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts - provides free legal services, education, and advocacy to the New York arts community
- New York Foundation for the Arts - provides a free national resource for visual, media, performing, and literary artists and for those who support them
- FIT Library "The Business of Art & Design" Research Guide
Advertising and Marketing
- Media Bistro - dedicated to everyone who creates or works with content, or who is a non-creative professional working in a content/creative industry
- FIT Library Advertising & Media Communications Research Guide