Introduction to CLO's 3D Garment Visualization Certificate
Learn to design a variety of garments!
CLO’s robust 3D simulation engine allows you to create garment styles with countless layers and intricate details. Design a variety of garments, from a simple blouse to functional outerwear with complicated pattern pieces and construction. Instantly review changes as any modifications to 2D patterns, colors, textures and finishing details are immediately simulated. Improve quality of designs by checking silhouette and fit sooner in the development process, allowing sample time for refinement before finalization. Reduce design preparation time and dive into the design process right away with prepared blocks. Quickly sketch new designs directly on your Avatar and automatically generate pattern pieces. All 2D pattern files in AAMA/ASTM .dxf format can be imported to CLO for the creation of 3D garments.
- Intermediate knowledge in garment construction/patternmaking
- If you do not have the required skills, we recommend that you complete SXP 175 prior to registering for this course.
- Intermediate Adobe Illustrator proficiency in: the pen tool, layer tool, shape tool,
the concept of paths and closed objects, and file import/export
- If you do not have the required skills, we recommend that you complete CTD 100 prior to registering for this course.
- Use Google slides and docs, screen sharing, and file import/export
- Computer specifications: CLO System Requirements, a 2019 or newer computer is recommended
- Access to your FIT Google Drive for instructor files
- 3-button mouse (the scroll can work as a third button)
- A second monitor is not required but highly recommended
*If you think you are eligible for the 10% Alumni Discount, please complete the Alumni Verification Form prior to registration in order to receive your discount code.
Learn How To:
- Work in a 2D and 3D design visualization environment
- Transform existing 2D pattern blocks into new garment styles
- Fit your 3D garments in an avatar to simulate fit and construction details of 2D garments
- Apply numerous fabric colors, textures, graphic patterns, and prints to your virtual garment
- Create a 3D avatar runway shows and 3D virtual retail showroom
- Import and export your 2D patterns in AAMA/ASTM .dxf format to other pattern making software programs such as Gerber and Lectra
- Classes taught by top industry experts
- The focus is to help you prepare for the growing demand of 3D apparel designers
- Program helps you prepare a capsule collection for your portfolio
- Earn a certificate from FIT/SUNY, a world renowned college of art and design, business and technology
Meet Your Instructor
Professor, Fashion Business Management, FIT
Professor Jennifer Lee is a full-time faculty member in the Fashion Business Management department of FIT. She teaches Computer-Aided Product Development courses focused on the use of the latest industry software programs including CLO 3D, Gemer Yunique PLM, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. She also has expertise in enterprise intelligence systems such as SAP ERP and JDA EP. Her research interests are focused on the application of emerging 2D and 3D technologies for sustainable product development to reduce commercialization lead-time and physical material waste.
Center for Continuing and Professional Studies (CCPS)
FIT's CCPS offers credit and noncredit certificates and courses in fashion, business, design, technology, and marketing, to help you enter into or advance your career in the fashion and related industries. With short programs and flexible schedules, you can learn at a time and pace you can manage and afford.
CLO is one of the most frequently used 3D fashion design software programs creating
virtual, true-to life garment visualization with cutting-edge simulation technologies
for the fashion.