The Library subscribes to a number of forecasting services for womenswear, menswear, children's wear, textiles, home products, and more. Each of the forecast services offers coverage of runway shows from major fashion cities worldwide, mood boards with color palettes, and retail store images for the spring/summer and fall/winter seasons.
Available through our Databases, and by clicking the links below. FIT username & password are required for access.
The most current three seasons of forecasts are restricted to FIT students and personnel. Older forecasts are available to students and external researchers by appointment.
- Current restricted forecasting services are available to current FIT students, faculty, and staff
- Use of print forecasting materials is restricted to the forecast reading table and library orientation sessions
- Items have a two-hour loan period
- Photography of the materials is permitted for personal and FIT class use only; photos may not be posted publicly in any format, including on social media. Materials may not be scanned. Cameras are available to borrow from the Access Services Desk on the 5th floor of the FIT Library
- Food and drinks are not permitted
Students and FIT Personnel: How to Request Forecasts
Current Forecasts: The most current three seasons of forecasts are restricted to FIT students and personnel. An appointment is not required to view these materials.
Historical Forecasts: Our collection of historical forecasts and trend reports spans from the late nineteenth
century through 2022. The materials in this collection are available for current FIT
students and personnel, as well as outside researchers. Appointments are required
for all users. Please contact us at [email protected] t
Trend forecasting magazines are available in Periodicals & Electronic Resource Services
FIT faculty may request instruction sessions:
Our collection of historical forecasts and trend reports spans from the late nineteenth century through 2021. The materials in this collection are available for researchers by appointment only. Please contact us at [email protected] to schedule an appointment.