Port Authority of NY & NJ Shipping Facility
Date: Wednesday, 18 October 2023.
Appromaximately return at 4:30 p.m.
Location: Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, 260 Kellogg Street, Newark
The tour will include an overview of the Ports of New York and New Jersey with a windshield tour of the Port Complex. Limited space. Sign up by noon on Friday, September 15, 2023 by emailing [email protected] or in person in Business and Liberal Arts Center, Room B436 with the following information:
- full name
- date of birth
- phone number
- email address
- copy of driver's license and/or state ID or passport with student/work visa
If you have questions, please contact [email protected] or (212) 217-4285.
Past Field Trips
Shopify Virtual Presentation
Thursday, March 16, 2023
This presentation was organized by adjunct assistant professor Mark Greiz.
- The solutions that Shopify and their partner Global-e have to build localized websites for international markets.
- How sellers can ship and market around the world through their Shopify Store.
- How can sellers calculate duties and taxes and comply with regulations for international markets via their Shopify store.
- How sellers can handle cross border payments and currency conversion.
Customs and Border Protection Field Trip
Tuesday, April 11, 2023
The tour covered:
- Walkthrough of the facility
- Examples of locally encountered counterfeit merchandise.
- Observations of exams as well as
- Presentations from National import specialists and other small- and medium- size enterprises.