Fall 2022: Date to be announced soon!
The FIT campus is a student's home away from home, and each year we invite family members and friends to make it theirs as part of Family Day. Share the FIT experience as you spend time connecting with your student, interacting with faculty and staff, and experiencing what makes being an FIT student so special.
In preparation for your visit to FIT check out the Museum at FIT virtual tours, take a virtual tour of the FIT campus, see what amazing alumni the HUE Magazine has interviewed, or simply check the Barnes and Noble at FIT website for your favorite FIT swag.
For the first time in three years, FIT will be hosting Family Day in person. We are so excited to have you back on campus! Below is a list of some of the events and activities that will be taking place on Family Day. This is not a comprehensive schedule; however, this will provide you with an idea of what will be happening on campus. Keep checking this page for a full and detailed schedule.
PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL NEED TO DOWNLOAD WEBEX TO PARTICIPATE IN THE VIRTUAL ACTIVITIES.
Click on the session title to join the session.
FAMILY DAY ACTIVITIES
Interact with Faculty and Staff
- welcome from President Joyce Brown and VP of Academic Affairs Yasemin Jones
- campus resource fair
- panel with academic deans from the Schools of Business and Technology, Art and Design, and Liberal Arts and Sciences
- faculty-led demonstrations
- First Year Experience Panel
- Office of Alumni Engagement & Recent Alumni Panel
- Career & Internship Session
- Introduction to the Social Justice Center
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Panel
- food trucks on 27th Street
- walking tours of Chelsea and surrounding attractions (thrift stores, Chelsea Market, The Highline, etc.)
Shop and Tour Campus
- campus tours
- Dining Hall
- The Style Shop
- FIT Barnes & Noble Bookstore
- The Museum at FIT