Consulates and Visas

Below are links to various consulates in the New York City area. Use these links to find information about how to apply for a tourist or student visa. If you live outside the New York City area or are planning to travel to a country not listed on this page, please look through the U.S. State Department's Country Specific Information to find information about your destination.  You can research the entry and exit requirements, get more details about necessary documentation, and find out how to apply.  You may be able to apply online, at that country's U.S. embassy or even at the airport in the country itself once you get there.

150 East 42nd Street, 34th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Australian Consulate General - New York
Do I need a Visa?

Visa Application Centre - New York
290 Madison Avenue, 2nd Floor (bet 40th & 41st Streets)
New York, NY 10017
email: [email protected] 
Canada Visa Application Centre
Do I need a Visa?

520 12th Avenue
New York, NY 10036
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am-2:30pm
Consulate General of the People's Republic of China in New York
Do I need a Visa?

One Dag Hammarskjold Plaza
885 Second Avenue, 18th Floor
New York, NY 10017
email: [email protected] 
Consulate General of Denmark - New York
Do I need a Visa?

972 5th Avenue (bet 51st & 52nd Streets)
New York, NY 10022
Consulate General of France

3 East 64th Street (bet 5th and Madison Avenues)
New York, NY 10065
For visa questions, call the Helpline at 212.774.0635 or email: [email protected] 
Consulate General of India - New York

800 Second Avenue, 13th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Do I need a Visa?

690 Park Avenue (bet 68th & 69th Streets)
New York, NY 10021
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-12:30pm, by appointment only
Consulate General of Italy in New York  
Where to Apply for a Visa

Jurisdiction for the Italian Consulate in New York, NY
"The Italian Consulate in New York City, NY will only accept applications from residents of the states of New York, Connecticut and the following New Jersey Counties: Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Sussex, Union, Warren. Students enrolled full-time at a University located in the New York, NY jurisdiction meet the residence requirement."

U.S. Citizens within the New York, NY jurisdiction may submit all documentation to the OIP, Room B119. Students with U.S. Citizenship and in the New York, NY Jurisdiction, may be represented by their study abroad advisor.

For Students accepted to: FIT in Italy and AUR
U.S. Citizens may submit all documentation to the OIP (B119)

Find your jurisdiction within the US
Non-U.S. Citizens applying from outside the United States

Visa Application Instruction Site
Please visit: FIT | Italian Study Visa Site 

27 East 39th Street
New York, NY 10016
(212) 217-6400 (phone)
(212) 217-6493 / 6465 / 6413 (fax) 
Consulate General of Mexico in New York

Visa Section Office
460 Park Avenue, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10022
646.674.6000 or 212.692.9120
email: [email protected] 
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am-12:00pm & 1:30pm-4:00pm
Consulate General of the Republic of Korea - New York
Do I need a Visa?

150 E. 58th Street
New York, NY 10155
Consulate of Spain in New York
Do I need a Visa?

821 United Nations Plaza
New York, NY 10017
Turkish Consulate General in New York
Do I need a Visa?
e*Visa (Online Visa Application)

845 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10022
212.745.0200 (phone)
British Consulate-General - New York
UK Visa information