Decorator's Club Discover Design Precollege Scholarship
High school-aged students, interested in Interior Design, may be eligible for a scholarship based on the criteria listed below. BIPOC high school students are encouraged to apply. This is a full scholarship award covering the entire tuition cost for one class, either in Interior Design or related area, within FIT’s Precollege Programs.
This scholarship is awarded on a first-come-first-serve basis provided the student supplies all the required supplemental documents within the deadline. Students must submit a completed application with support documents. Award recipients will be notified by email and at that time asked to select their course of choice related to Interior Design or equivalent.
- Students may need to purchase personal supplies for the class in the estimated amount of $60, except for darkroom photography courses with an estimated supply cost of $130.
- Reimbursements for Precollege courses purchased independently are not available through this scholarship opportunity.
- Only high school Precollege classes qualify for this award.
- Precollege students may only receive one FIT Scholarship award per semester, whether it is the The Decorator’s Club Discover Design PreCollege Scholarship or any other scholarship.
- Students who fail to attend the first two sessions of their program will forfeit their award.
Fall 2023 Application Deadline
- October 10, 2023
The following support document will be required as part of the application:
- A 200-400 word essay discussing your interests for Interior Design and how you've overcome challenges and obstacles to get to where you are today. (Please be mindful of grammar and spelling as it will be considered in our decision)
The following required support documents must be sent in ONE email to [email protected] using PDF, Doc, or JPEG formats within 24 hours of submitting the application form. Subject line: First Name Last Name: Decorator’s Club Scholarship Documents (PDF, Doc, or JPEG formats, no exceptions).
- A copy of your current high school transcript
- A third-party document indicating your need for financial assistance (free or reduced lunch form awards can be submitted as proof)