Become a Tutor
The Academic Skills Tutoring Center hires current FIT students, graduates, and others to provide tutoring. Hiring is based on need. You must have received a minimum of an A- grade in a course in order to tutor that course or you must have a written recommendation from a professor.
If you would like to tutor a modern language course, you must contact the chairperson of Modern Languages and Cultures and be approved by the appointed instructor for the language you would like to tutor.
We may need tutors in the following courses and subject areas, as well as others, for the upcoming semester.
- CM: Various courses, especially SC146 (Basic Chemistry for CM majors)
- FBM: Assoc. and upper level 6th through 8th semester courses (FM321, FM322, FM324, FM325, FM341, FM441)
- FD: Draping, Sewing and Patternmaking (Must have completed your first-year courses before applying.)
- ID: Computer Courses mainly (Revit, Autocad)
- MA300: Mathematics of Financial Life Management
- MA311: Mathematical Modeling for Business Applications
- MA321: Data Analysis for Business Applications
- MA322: Statistics, Machine Learning, and Data Mining
- MG114: Principles of Product Construction
- MG242: Principles of Accounting
- MG304: Information Systems
- MG306: Information Systems: Case Analysis
- MG311: Manufacturing I: Equipment Analysis
- MW: MW121, MW122, MW131, MW134, MW142, MW143, MW145
- SC: SC132 (Color Science for Photography)
- TC/PM: TC311, TC312, TC321, TC322, PM111, PM121, PM122, PM171, PM221
Rate of Pay
The rate of pay depends on your degree level.
- No Degree: $15 per hour
- Associate's Degree: $16 per hour
- Bachelor's Degree: $18 per hour
- Master's Degree: $20 per hour