SUNY Transfer Credit Appeal

When you transfer into any State University of New York (SUNY) school, you will receive a transcript evaluation as close to the time of admission as possible, but no later than the payment of your enrollment deposit. The transcript evaluation will show how your prior courses will be accepted in transfer and apply toward your major.

If you do not agree with your SUNY college's decision on the granting or placement of credit that you earned at a prior SUNY institution, you have the right to submit an appeal to your campus transfer representative.  

How to Appeal a Course from a SUNY School

If you think the course description matches, please send an email to [email protected] explaining which FIT course and/or requirement for your current degree you are trying to fulfill. Attach a course description and/or syllabus from the other college. Please indicate in the email that this is a SUNY appeal to be forwarded to the attention of the Assistant Director of the Registrar's Office.  Include your FIT student ID number in all correspondence.

If you still do not agree with your campus decision or you have not received a response within 15 business days, you may appeal to the SUNY System Provost.

You can submit the appeal by filling out student appeal form available on the Provost's website: SUNY Student Transfer Appeal 

You will be asked to send supporting materials. The SUNY Provost will respond to your appeal within five business days from receipt of the completed appeal application. If the decision finds merit to change the course to meet a major requirement, FIT will be notified to take appropriate action.