Non-Resident and Undocumented Students
Non-resident students, including undocumented students, are eligible for resident tuition if they meet the following requirements:
- attended an approved New York high school for two or more years, and
- graduated from an approved New York high school, and
- applied for admission to FIT within five years of having received the New York State high school diploma
- attended an approved New York State program for General Equivalency Diploma (GED) exam preparation, and
- received a General Equivalency Diploma issued within New York State, and
- applied for admission to FIT within five years of having received the GED
Undocumented students applying for New York residency must file the application and the notarized affidavit stating that he or she has filed an application to legalize their immigration status, or will file such an application as soon as they are eligible to do so.
Students who do not live in the five boroughs of New York City must also apply for a county certificate of residence from the county in which they reside.
333 7th Avenue, 15th Floor
Business and Liberal Arts Center, Room B127