Supplies for Summer MS Workshops 2022
Middle school summer workshops are offered remotely through Google Classroom. Remote courses will require students to login in real-time for the lecture and classroom-style learning, and they will have access to additional resources (ie. tutorial videos, handouts etc.) when class time is over.
Students will be required to log on during specific class times to participate in virtual discussions, read lectures, complete assignments, and interact with the instructor and other students (REMINDER: attendance, participation and project completion are part of the grading process).
Please review the required supplies for each course, as some courses will need students to acquire software, equipment or tools for full participation.
Workshops and Required Materials
- 11”x14” Marker Paper (Ex: Borden & Riley Boris Layout Paper for Markers #37)/
- 11”x14” Tracing Paper (Ex: Blick Studio Tracing Paper Pad)
- 0.3mm or 0.5mm Artist Mechanical Pencil
- 1-2 skin-tone pantone color marker (Chartpak or Promarker)
- 1-2 Hair Color of your reference pantone color marker
- 12 Prisma Pencil Colors Kit.
- 3-5 Colors of your choice (based on the chosen inspiration) of pantone color markers.
- Black inking pen micro (Micron or Uni-ball vision)
- Black Felt Tip Sketching Marker (Flair or Pentel Sign Pen)
- Lead Pencils: HB and 2H (Stadtler)
- Pencil sharpener
- White Eraser (Staedtler Mars white)
- Colored Pencils 24 set (Prismacolor Premier - avoid soft core pencils) - set of 12 is okay if you cannot get 24, you will just be more limited to the colors in that pack.
- 20, 50, 70% Cool Gray Colored Pencils
- 20, 50, 70% French Gray Colored Pencils
- Art Markers (A&D Chartpak, Prismacolor)
- Warm Gray Markers #1,3, and 7 (some brands use 10%, 30%, 70%)
- Cool Gray Markers #1, 3, 7
- Marker Paper (Bienfang) 9 x 12 or 11 x 14 Pad
- White Tracing Paper Pad - 9 x 12 or 11 x 14 - student can also purchase a 12” roll
- Ruler preferably with cork/rubber back - 12” minimum or any straight edge like an architect's scale ruler)
- Drafting tape or Blue Painter’s Tape
- Design Magazines or Catalogs (student can also print things from the internet on 8.5 x 11 sheets)
- fashion magazines (2)
- poster board
- glue stick
- black and colored markers
- Printed flat croqui
- Favorite fashion and lifestyle magazines
- Pencils or mechanical pencil
- Drawing pad (9x12 or 11x14)
- Kneaded eraser or handheld eraser
- Colored pencils or markers (Prismacolor Suggested)
- Poster board or mat board (11 x 14)
- Glue stick
- Clear 12” ruler
- Sharpie ultra fine or assorted micron pens pack