A Resident Assistant (RA) is a student staff member of the Office of Residential Life who is responsible for a living area within the residence halls. Our RAs guide and assist residents through their living experience in an inclusive environment. They are expected to be role models, advocates, policy reporters, mentors, and team players. RAs foster the personal and professional development of students through the Residential Curriculum to become transformational co-creators.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time studentMust have completed at least one semester as an FIT student (either in-person or remote) by the time you apply.
- Must be in good standing with the Dean of Students Office and Office of Residential Life
- Must maintain a 3.0 cumulative grade point average at the time of application and throughout the academic year
- Must be present for the entirety of all meetings, training periods, as well as opening and closing procedures in the residence halls.
The Residential Life Department is currently recruiting Resident Assistants (RAs) for the upcoming Fall 2023 & Spring 2024 academic year. Attending one RA information session is required to be considered for the role. The deadline to apply is Monday, February 13, 2023 by 9 am EST.
- single room (room size may vary due to physical layout of buildings, some RAs will be assigned suitemates)
- meal plan or declining balance contribution (based on assigned room type)
- early registration for classes
- 10% Discount at FIT Barnes and Noble Bookstore
Attending an RA information session is required, and designed to help prepare you for the application. You will also receive the application link after attending an information session. Additional sessions will be hosted early Spring semester.
|Deadline to Apply||February 13, 2023 at 9AM|
|Group Interviews||February 21-23, 2023|
|Candidate Socials (Optional)||February 28 or March 2, 2023|
|Individual Interview Invites Sent Out||March 3, 2023|
|Individual Interviews||March 5, 2023|
|Decision Letters Sent Out||March 10, 2023|
RA Information Sessions
|November 3, 2022||1:00PM||CoEd Workroom|
|November 10, 2022||1:00PM||Alumni Workroom|
|November 16, 2022||9:00PM||Virtual|
|November 17, 2022||1:00PM||Virtual|
|December 2, 2022||6:00PM||Kaufman Glass Room|
|December 6, 2022||1:00PM||TDB|
|December 8, 2022||5:30PM||Virtual|
|February 7, 2023||1:00PM||Virtual|
|February 8, 2023||9:00PM||Virtual|