Records Retention and Disposition
Policy No: CP007
FIT is committed to meeting its administrative, fiscal, legal, and historical obligations by systematically managing the records created in the course of the college’s academic and administrative operations. Records management provides systemic, cost-effective control of the college’s records from creation to final disposition in order to comply with federal and state law; protect vital records; minimize the cost of record retention; ensure the effective use of space; guarantee the disposition of outdated records; and preserve the college’s history. This policy applies to all official records generated in any format in the course of FIT’s operation, including both original documents and reproductions.
Who is Affected by this Policy
- All FIT departments and offices
- Responsible Administrator: Director of Policy and Compliance
- Responsible Office: Office of Policy and Compliance
- Implementation History: Issued June 2010; Revised October 2013, August 2019, April 2021, February 2022
- Contact(s): Director of Policy and Compliance; General Counsel and Secretary of the College; Head of Library Special Collections and College Archives
View Official Policy
CP007, Records Retention and Disposition (.pdf)
*This PDF document is the official version of this policy.