Academic and Administrative Assessment
The Office of Academic and Administrative Assessment (OAAA) leads educational effectiveness assessment at FIT through its design, management, and support of assessment processes, including general education and program learning outcomes assessment, periodic program reviews, and unit-level surveys. The office promotes use of assessment information for continuous improvement and coordinates and documents assessment for accreditation.
In order to fulfill its mission, OAAA performs these key functions:
- Design assessment policies and procedures, in consultation with faculty and leadership
- Plan, organize, and coordinate processes for academic and administrative assessment, including program reviews, unit-level surveys, and assessment of program and general education learning outcomes
- Foster a culture of assessment among faculty through consultation, mentoring, and development
- Serve as an advocate for assessment and use of its results for continuous improvement, ensuring that all academic and administrative areas are aware of assessment-related accreditation standards
- Coordinate and document assessment activities needed for accreditation