Make an Appointment
- Individual tutoring: Individual tutoring sessions must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance during the fall and spring semesters, and 24 hours in advance during winter and summer sessions. You may sign up for one hour of individual tutoring per week during fall and spring smesters, and 2 hours per week during winter and summer sessions.
- Walk-in tutoring: In addition, you may attend walk-in sessions for certain subjects walk-in sessions .
- Read the Tutoring Contract to understand the expectations and limitations of tutoring.
Scheduling Your Appointment
- Using Google Chrome or Firefox, go to WCONLINE.
- Choose the option Academic Skills Center. (For writing or speaking help, choose the option Writing & Speaking Studio).
- Use the dropdown menu Limit To to choose the course you need help with. Only tutors who tutor that specific course will appear.
- Sign up for a 30-minute or 60-minute session.
- If you sign up for an online session, the tutor will send a link for the session to
your FIT email address.
If you are meeting in person, meet in A608B unless you and the tutor have decided to meet in another room or lab.
Joining an Online Tutoring Session
When it is time for your online session, visit the link sent by your tutor at least five minutes before start time. Have all books, equipment and materials set up, and prepare your questions ahead of time to make the most of your session.
Appointments must be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance or it will count as an absence. You are allowed one absence per semester.
If you need to cancel, please send an email to your tutor and to the [email protected].