Request a Precollege Transcript or Letter of Verification/Participation
Transcript from the Registrar's Office: Official or Unofficial?
- Receive the official transcript from FIT by completing the online transcript order. An official transcript will contain the college's raised seal and may only be mailed (please note that this process may take several weeks). Precollege students typically request the official transcript when prompted by their potential colleges during the application process.
- If you no longer have access to your MyFIT account, and you would like to see your academic history you may request the unofficial transcript by completing the online transcript order. The unofficial transcript is typically requested for personal use.
Print your own transcript from MyFIT (currently registered students only):
An unofficial transcript can be used to show that you participated in Precollege Programs and may be sufficient for the requestor's purposes. Please ask if this version will suffice. To obtain an unofficial transcript, go to your MyFIT account and log in with your username and password, select:
- High School/Student
- Online Information System
- Student Records & Student Accounts
- Unofficial Student Transcript > SUBMIT
Letter of Verification/Participation
This is typically requested of parents' employers, union benefit offices, or current schools to show that a child participated in our programs, usually for the purpose of reimbursement or to obtain extra curricular activity credit. To obtain a Letter of Verification, email [email protected] with "Letter of Verification" in the subject line. Include the student's name, date of birth and terms the student was enrolled. This letter will be emailed back to you as a *.pdf attachment.
Letter of Recommendation
If you are applying to FIT, please note that we do not accept Letters of Recommendation as a part of the admissions process. Instead, simply share in your admissions essay that you participated in Precollege Programs and your Admission's Counselor will be prompted to review your Precollege transcript.
If you need a letter of recommendation for another institution, please email your professor directly at his or her FIT email address. A list of instructor email addresses may be found here. you will receive your letter directly from the instructor.