Internal Event Reservations
Who We Are
A division of Communications and External Relations, the Events Management and Facilities Rental team is here to assist clients navigate through the process of reserving event space at the college.
Events Management and Facilities Rental (EMFR) provides a one stop shop team to help organize a successful and professional event.
Space Reservation Information
The EMFR team has upgraded processes and work flows. We have improved efficiencies and enhanced support of the FIT community.
Updates include the customization of the 25Live Pro reservation system for ease of use. We've established pre-event approvals and deadlines as well as the addition of new instructional tools and more.
Vice President Space Use and Event Approval Form is required for all event/meeting requests.
Space Request Deadlines
No less than 30 days prior to the event start date:
- All space use requests
- Pre-production meetings
- AV equipment and technician needs
- Catering order placed
- Technical and lighting needs (finalized after pre-production meetings.)
- Commitments for technical resources cannot be confirmed until pre-production meetings have been held.
- The EMFR, IT, and CER teams will work to "right size" events for their expected attendance and in relation to the available spaces.
- If the support capacity of the event's technical teams are exceeded, EMFR will find an alternative date or schedule outside resources with expenses that will become the responsibility of the requesting department.
No less than five business days from the requested start date of your event:
- All final resource requirements
- Event Diagram(s)
- Event cancellation notice
3 Event Types
In-person events are events that require physical attendance at an event space on campus.
At this time, it is highly recommended that small events and meetings continue to be virtual whenever possible to free up campus spaces and resources.
Self-supported Google Meet and Webex meetings do not need to be entered into 25Live Pro.
Hybrid (part in-person, part virtual) event requests must be entered into 25Live Pro.
Pre-production meeting is mandatory and scheduled by EMFR.
Hybrid events are technically complex and therefore expensive. They should only be approved/scheduled when absolutely necessary due to travel restrictions of attendees or other similar planning issues.
9 Step Event Planning Process
Use the Event Planning Sheet as a guide when completing the 25Live Pro Online Event Form.
Download the Space Use and Event Approval Form and have it signed by the Vice President of your division.
Reservations requests missing the above cannot be processed.
The EMFR team will respond to your request with one or more of the following:
- Action Required Email: Not enough information provided to confirm your event. Requester is instructed to add missing information to the reservation.
- Pre-production meeting invitation: Meeting to discuss technical details with applicable support departments.
- Tentative Email: Reservation remains in a Tentative state until all pending dates, locations or details are confirmed.
- Confirmation Email: Event process is complete and all details are confirmed Will be followed by a diagram if necessary.
To submit a catering request complete the Catering Request Form.
At this time that food service orders will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Catering requests must be submitted 30 business days before the scheduled start date of an event.
Requesters, EMFR staff and support departments will meet to discuss:
- Agenda / Run of Show
- Furniture Layout
- Audio Visual equipment and support
- Lighting and Production
- Additional Personnel
- Additional Costs
Fill out the Event Revision or Cancellation Form at least 5 business days prior to your event.
Please note: Revisions and Cancellations are no longer being accepted via email, phone, or walk-in.
Perform a venue check one hour before your event to ensure the setup is complete and accurate.
After your event please fill out the post event survey to let us know how we did.
Your feedback is important to us and will help us improve our operations.
25Live Pro is a web-based scheduling and event publishing product. It provides centralized calendar, scheduling system, and data repository for events held at FIT.
If you need to reserve a room for an event, please submit your request using 25Live Pro.
Internal Events Management
We look forward to working with you.