How to Submit a Proposal
All student contests and industry-sponsored projects require a clearly articulated proposal that outlines specific requirements of the contest in detail. Sponsors must submit a written proposal demonstrating their commitment to FIT’s goals and objectives, and documenting all aspects of the project, including its educational value and relevance to FIT’s mission. The following factors will be considered when evaluating proposals:
- appropriateness of the project and objectives to the curriculum;
- interdisciplinary opportunities for students to engage with others outside their own major within the context of the contest;
- project timeline and student workload;
- financial resources required to undertake the project;
- the sponsor’s commitment to actively engage with project participants; and
- faculty member availability to mentor students.
Once a proposal has been reviewed and approved by the department chair and the dean of the school, it will be reviewed and approved by Academic Affairs, Communications and External Relations, Foundation and Development, the General Counsel, and Finance and Administration.
After a proposal has been accepted, FIT will prepare an agreement between the College and the sponsor for signature. Contracts are required for all such projects.
Information for FIT Faculty
When working with sponsors, FIT faculty members must follow a step-by-step process. Review the guidelines and proposal form linked above.
Aleksandr Nazarov, Coordinator of Student Contests and Industry-Sponsored Projects
Feldman Center, Room C913