Policy No. HR026
FIT values the expertise and talents of international artists and scholars and supports sponsorship of foreign nationals for both nonimmigrant and immigrant visas, as outlined in this policy. Visa sponsorships are based on the needs of the college and at the sole discretion of FIT.
Who is Affected by this Policy
- All foreign nationals requiring immigration sponsorship (at the sole discretion of FIT, this would typically include faculty and select senior administrative positions)
- Any FIT School or Department seeking to hire a foreign national
- Responsible Administrator: Vice President for Human Resource Management and Labor Relations
- Responsible Office: Office of Human Resource Management and Labor Relations
- Implementation History: Issued February 2014; Updated July 2018
- Contact(s): Office of Human Resource Management and Labor Relations; International Student Services; Office of International Programs
View Official Policy
HR026, Visa Sponsorship Policy (.pdf)
This PDF document is the official version of this policy.