FIT enjoys international recognition for the quality of its programs and the caliber of its graduates. At FIT, you’re connected through a faculty of industry professionals and extensive networking opportunities. Most illustrators work as freelancers, but some graduates find full-time jobs.
You’ll put your visual interpretation skills to work at magazines and newspapers; design studios; fashion houses; advertising agencies; publishing companies; television, film, and animation studios, buying offices; and record companies.
FIT graduates have forged successful careers at:
- Advertising agencies: Ogilvy & Mather, McCann Erikson, Young & Rubicam, NW Ayer, DDB, BBDO, J. Walter Thompson, Chiat/Day
- Corporations: Lancôme, Revlon, Elizabeth Arden, Clarins, Avon, L’Oréal, Hallmark, American Greetings, The Franklin Mint
- Department stores: Bloomingdale’s, Macy’s, Lord & Taylor, J.C. Penney
- Magazines: Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar
- Entertainment companies: Walt Disney, Warner Brothers, Dreamworks SKG, LucasArts Entertainment
- News agencies: CNN, Gannett, The Washington Times
Designing for Beyoncé
In Beyoncé's Black Is King, Lorraine West, Illustration ’98, designed palette-shaped earrings worn by the singer as a nod to her experience at FIT. West and other FIT graduates had their designs featured in the singer’s feature-length visual album.
If you have questions about this program, please reach out.
School of Art and Design
Pomerantz Center, Room D332