FIT enjoys international recognition for the quality of its programs and the caliber of its graduates. At FIT, you’re connected through a faculty of industry professionals and extensive networking opportunities. Most illustrators work as freelancers, but some graduates find full-time jobs.
You’ll put your visual interpretation skills to work at magazines and newspapers; design studios; fashion houses; advertising agencies; publishing companies; television, film, and animation studios, buying offices; and record companies.
FIT graduates have forged successful careers at:
- Advertising agencies: Ogilvy & Mather, McCann Erikson, Young & Rubicam, NW Ayer, DDB, BBDO, J. Walter Thompson, Chiat/Day
- Corporations: Lancôme, Revlon, Elizabeth Arden, Clarins, Avon, L’Oréal, Hallmark, American Greetings, The Franklin Mint
- Department stores: Bloomingdale’s, Macy’s, Lord & Taylor, J.C. Penney
- Magazines: Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar
- Entertainment companies: Walt Disney, Warner Brothers, Dreamworks SKG, LucasArts Entertainment
- News agencies: CNN, Gannett, The Washington Times
Where Are They Now?
Illustration graduates transfer their knowledge and skills into successful and rewarding careers that reflect their ingenuity and passion for the arts.
Designing for Beyoncé
In Beyoncé's Black Is King, Lorraine West, Illustration ’98, designed palette-shaped earrings worn by the singer as a nod to her experience at FIT. West and other FIT graduates had their designs featured in the singer’s feature-length visual album.
If you have questions about this program, please reach out.
School of Art and Design
Pomerantz Center, Room D332