Faces and Places in Fashion
Faces and Places in Fashion is a lecture series, class, and forum for prominent fashion professionals to discuss their trade, experience, and perspective on the business. The course is taught by Professor Caroline Gordon, whose experience includes work as a buyer, merchandiser, and sales leader. Lectures are open to the public.
The lectures are typically held on Mondays from 4:10 pm–5:30 pm in room D523.
Please note: All classes will be held in Room D523. Location exceptions will be noted in the specific listing.
Visit the course YouTube channel to watch archived lectures.
Spring 2023 Lectures
- January 30, Course Introduction, Caroline Gordon
- February 6, Tamil Robinson, Artistic Fashion Design Director, Amiat Luxury , (this class will be held in the Katie Murphy Amphitheatre)
- February 13, Colleen Turner, Design Director at Earthbound, The Pioneer Woman, (view the class video)
- February 20, No Class, President's Day
- February 27, Jessica Kurtz, Buying Director North America, Lacoste
- March 6, Current Issues Midterm, No Class
- March 13, Betty Yee, Designer, True & Co.
- March 20, Salvatore Cesarani, Designer, member of CFDA, Ralph Lauren, (this class will be in the Dubinsky Student Center, 8th Floor Alcove)
- March 27, Lisa Berry, Senior Divisional Merchandiser, Men's Apparel & Accessories, Target (this class will be in the Dubinsky Student Center, 8th Floor Alcove)
- April 3, No Class, Spring Break
- April 10, Kiana Brooks Manager - Buying Handbags, Chanel
- April 17, Nicky Smith, Costume Designer and Stylist RAMY on Hulu
- April 24, Christina Vaccaro, Creative Director, Wonder Nation Kids
- May 1, Ranjana Khan, Founder, Ranjana Khan
- May 8, Emily Snyder, Former Senior Director Ecommerce Product & Strategy, Calvin Klein
- May 15, FSN Workshop, Panel, Fashion Service Network
Faces and Places in Fashion is taught by Caroline Gordon, who has been an adjunct professor at FIT since 2018, teaching in both the Schools of Business and Technology and Art and Design. Gordon has worked in the fashion industry in New York City for 16 years across multiple American brands, including Ralph Lauren and Ann Taylor. She has experience in womenswear and children's wear, with a focus on buying and wholesale sales.