Faces and Places in Fashion
Faces and Places in Fashion is a lecture series, class, and forum for prominent fashion professionals to discuss their trade, experience, and perspective on the business. The course is taught by Professor Caroline Gordon, whose experience includes work as a buyer, merchandiser, and sales leader. Lectures are open to the public. The lectures are typically held on Mondays from 4:10 pm–5:30 pm in the Katie Murphy Amphitheatre*.
*Check listing to confirm times.
Visit the course YouTube channel to watch archived lectures.
Fall 2022 Lectures
- August 29, Course Introduction, Caroline Gordon *(please note: meeting in D-211)
- September 5, NO CLASS, Labor Day
- September 12, Rebecca Moses, Fashion & Lifestyle Designer, Creative Director & Strategist,
Rebecca Moses *(please note: meeting in D-211)
- September 19, Timo Weiland, Co-founder & Creative Director, Timo Weiland | CRITIQUE 1 DUE *(please note: meeting in D-211)
- September 26, NO CLASS, Rosh Hashanah
- October 3, Buffy Birrittella, Former Executive Vice President and Senior Advisor, Ralph Lauren *(please note: meeting in Lagary Boardroom C903)
- October 10, Olivia LaTronica, Costume Shopper, Gossip Girl S2
- October 17, Kick off to Sustainability week with Marci Zaroff, Founder, CEO & Chairwoman, EcoFashion Corp
- October 24, Jane Hertzmark Hudis, Executive Group President, The Estee Lauder Company
- October 31, CURRENT ISSUES DUE
- November 7, Malcolm Crews, Design Director, Mens Graphics, Tommy Hilfiger
- November 14, Monica Phromsavanh, Founder, Equal Hands
- November 21, Remote class -- Kilo Kish, Visual Artist, Kilo Kish
- November 28, Ting Lee, Vice President of Creative, Saks OFF Fifth
- December 5, Jess Burns, SVP Brand Marketing, Rent The Runway
- December 12, Fashion Service Network, Panel
- December 19, FINAL
Faces and Places in Fashion is taught by Caroline Gordon, who has been an adjunct professor at FIT since 2018, teaching in both the Schools of Business and Technology and Art and Design. Gordon has worked in the fashion industry in New York City for 16 years across multiple American brands, including Ralph Lauren and Ann Taylor. She has experience in womenswear and children's wear, with a focus on buying and wholesale sales.
Connect With Us