Faces and Places in Fashion
Faces and Places in Fashion is a lecture series, class, and forum for prominent fashion professionals to discuss their trade, experience, and perspective on the business. The course is taught by Professor Caroline Gordon, whose experience includes work as a buyer, merchandiser, and sales leader. Lectures are open to the public.
The lectures are typically held on Mondays from 4:10 pm–5:30 pm.
Please note: Location of each class will be noted in the specific listing below.
Visit the course YouTube channel to watch archived lectures.
Fall 2023 Lectures
- August 28, Course Introduction, Caroline Gordon, (location: D211)
- September 4, No class, Labor Day
- September 11, Katungulu Mwendwa, Creative Director, Katush, (location: Dubinsky Student Center, 8th Floor Alcove)
- September 18, Keisha Greaves, Owner, Girls Chronically Rock, (location: B506)
- September 25, No class, Yom Kippur
- October 2, Katie Irish, Costume Designer, Television/Film and Theatre, (location: D211)
- October 9, Chelsea Agawa, VP of Design at Shantex Group, (location: D211)
- October 16, SUSTAINABILITY WEEK PANEL Featuring Kristy Caylor, Founder, For Days, (location: Katie Murphy Amphitheatre)
- October 23, Nicole Lauro, Director of Assortment- Active & Outdoor Apparel, Macys, (location: D211)
- October 30, Pnina Tornai, Founder, Pnina Tornai, (location: Dubinsky Student Center, 8th Floor Alcove)
- November 6, Nell Diamond, Founder and CEO, Hill House Home, be sure to: RSVP Nell (location: Katie Murphy Amphitheatre)
- November 13, Allyson Duval, Head Designer & Merchandiser, Ellie Tahari, (location: D211)
- November 20, No class, Thanksgiving week
- November 27, Jamie Padell, Buyer, Shopbop, (location: D211)
- December 4, Sara DiMedio, Personal Stylist, Sur de Soi, (location: D211)
- December 11, FSN Workshop, Panel, Fashion Service Network, (location: D211)
- December 18, FINAL
Faces and Places in Fashion is taught by Caroline Gordon, who has been an adjunct professor at FIT since 2018, teaching in both the Schools of Business and Technology and Art and Design. Gordon has worked in the fashion industry in New York City for 18 years across multiple American brands, including Ralph Lauren and Ann Taylor. She has experience in womenswear and children's wear, with a focus on buying and wholesale sales.