Faces and Places in Fashion
Faces and Places in Fashion is a lecture series, class, and forum for prominent fashion professionals to discuss their trade, experience, and perspective on the business. The course is taught by Professor Caroline Gordon, whose experience includes work as a buyer, merchandiser, and sales leader. Lectures are currently only available for FIT students and employees.
The lectures are typically held on Mondays from 4:10 pm–5:30 pm. Check listings to confirm times.
Visit the course YouTube channel to watch archived lectures.
Fall 2021 Lectures
- August 30, Course Introduction, Caroline Gordon
- September 6, Labor Day, NO CLASS
- September 13, Ulrich Grimm, Former Executive Vice President, Global Non-Apparel Design, Calvin Klein
- September 20, Jamillah Davis Hernandez, VP/DMM Men's Shoes & Accessories, Saks
- September 27, Robertson Keffer, Fashion Director, Home Macy's
- October 4, Margaret Josephs, Owner and Founder, The Macbeth Collection
- October 11, Christine Bean, Costume Designer, The Blacklist
- October 18, Jenny Cooper, former vice president of Crew Cuts Design and founder of IXV Sustainable Coffee Shop
- October 25, Julia Haart, CEO and Chief Creative Officer, Elite World Group --(view archived class)
- November 1, CURRENT ISSUES CLASS
- November 8, Lauren Bagliore, Creative Director, Lauren Bagliore --(view archived class)
- November 15, Sydney Hawes, Designer, Sydney Hawes--(view archived class)
- November 22, (Remote) Saraa Green, Founder & Designer, The Braid Releaser, (and Designer at Adidas)
--(view archived class)
- November 29, Allison Mendoza, Associate Vice President of Design, Victoria's Secret PINK
- December 6, Fashion Service Network, Panel, FSN
- December 13, FINAL CLASS
Faces and Places in Fashion is taught by Caroline Gordon, who has been an adjunct professor at FIT since 2018, teaching in both the Schools of Business and Technology and Art and Design. Gordon has worked in the fashion industry in New York City for 16 years across multiple American brands, including Ralph Lauren and Ann Taylor. She has experience in womenswear and children's wear, with a focus on buying and wholesale sales.
Connect With Us