Intensive English Language at FIT Certificate
The Spring 2022 program has been cancelled.
Intensive English Language (IEL) at FIT consists of high-quality full-time instruction in English as a Second Language (ESL) during the fall or spring semester. IEL at FIT students will:
- learn from faculty members who have earned a Masters degree in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) or Applied Linguistics
- increase their English proficiency
- gain insight to American culture
- get career guidance about fashion and related business services
- learn to communicate in global work environments
- benefit from a program that offers a level of English complementary to pursuing college-level studies in the United States
- benefit from exercises in English suitable for taking the iBT TOEFL exam
IEL at FIT is sponsored by the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences in association with the Center for Continuing and Professional Studies (CCPS). IEL at FIT capitalizes on the cutting-edge reputation of CCPS for fashion-related career education and training.
TBD for Fall 2022 for students needing to apply for a student visa
TBD for Fall 2022 for transfer students who already have a visa or legal residents of the U.S.
Typically Mondays through Thursdays 9-4.
View a sample schedule
FIT's Educational Skills Department and Professional Studies have earned a worldwide reputation for excellence for the college's three-week ESL/Fashion Business program offered each summer. For more than 10 years, this program has attracted students from nearly 30 countries.
Per SUNY mandate, all students are now required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to attend in-person classes and continue their enrollment at FIT.