Policy No. EM008
New York State Public Health Law requires that all students enrolled for at least six (6) credits:
- Provide proof of immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR);
- Receive information from FIT regarding meningococcal meningitis disease and immunization(s), and complete a meningococcal meningitis response form certifying either that the student has received a meningococcal mengitis vaccine, or that they have received the information about meningococcal disease and immunization. The signed response form reflects that the student understands the risks of meningococcal meningitis disease but has chosen not to be immunized against it.
Students are allowed 30 days from the date of enrollment to present certification of adequate immunization. Students who fail to comply with this policy who are not otherwise exempt will be de-enrolled and will not receive a refund.
Who is Affected by This Policy
- All FIT students born on or after January 1, 1957 and enrolled for at least six (6) credits on campus
- Responsible Administrator(s): Assistant Vice President and Dean of Students, and Director of Health Services
- Responsible Office(s): Department of Health Services, and Office of Admissions
- Implementation History: Issued 2006; Updated July 2014, October 2020
- Contact(s): Director of Health Services
View Official Policy
EM008, Immunization (.pdf)
*This PDF document is the official version of this policy.