Policy No. SS002
FIT maintains the highest standard of safety at all college-owned, -leased, and -licensed properties. FIT's Department of Public Safety is responsible for fire safety and works with other FIT departments to prevent and respond to fire-related accidents and injuries, increase fire-safety awareness, and works to fully comply with all legal and regulatory requirements and fire safety rules.
Entities Affected by this Policy
- The entire FIT community (administrators, faculty, staff and students)
- Responsible Administrator(s): Assistant Vice President for Finance and Administration; Director of Public Safety; Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Success/Dean of Students
- Responsible Office(s): Department of Public Safety and Dean of Students
- Implementation History: Issued N/A; Updated August 2008; Reviewed November 2013; Updated October 2020
- Contact: Assistant Vice President for Finance and Administration, Director of Public Safety
View Official Policy
SS002, Fire Safety (.pdf)
This PDF document is the official version of this policy.