Fashion Styling Fundamentals Certificate
Fall 2022 Dates (In-Person or Remote)
SXS 101 55A: August 29 - November 3, 2022 (skips Sep 5, 12, and 26)
Time: Every Monday and Thursday, 6:30pm to 9:30pm
**Please read the requirements for attending on-campus courses here.
SXS 101 55B: October 20 - December 19, 2022 (skips Nov 24)
Time: Every Monday and Thursday, 6:10pm to 9:10pm EDT
Online Platform: Webex
Fashion Stylists bring their clients’ visions to life through clothing and accessories in photo shoots, runway shows, and more. During this course, aspiring stylists will learn the skills needed to enter this exciting industry through assisting. Students will learn the different genres of fashion styling and the skills needed for each through hands-on projects and real-world experiences in each module of the program.
This certificate course may include guest speakers.
- Additional equipment and expenses will be incurred during the program.
- Students should expect to purchase some workshop-related materials assigned at the first class.
*If you think you are eligible for the 10% Alumni Discount, please complete the Alumni Verification Form prior to registration in order to receive your discount code.
Learn How To
- Use professional vocabulary used in the industry
- Apply different genres of styling
- Develop multiple skills used by stylists
- Build your styling kit
- Make use of professional resources and guides
- Present to clients
- Execute test shoots
- Create on-figure and off-figure styling
- Certificate developed and taught by professional Fashion Styling experts
- Certificate combines theory with hands-on applications
- Information imparted is simultaneously creative and practical
- Certificate has been developed with career advancement as a goal for those who attend
- FIT has been preparing people for careers in the related-fashion industries for 75 years
- Earn a certificate from FIT/SUNY, a world renowned college of art and design, business and technology
Meet Your Instructors
Fashion Styling Certificate Lead Instructor; CEO of Sadia Seymour Enterprises, LLC., Behind The Rack & I Do I Do I Do Bridal Styling; fashion stylist; fashion consultant; and member of Fashion Group International, New York Chapter.
Sadia Seymour is the Lead Instructor for FIT's Fashion Styling Certificate Program as well as an Instructor for FIT's Precollege Programs. She received her AAS & BFA in Fashion Design from the Fashion Institute of Technology, SUNY. After seven years in production, she transitioned to fashion styling in 1998. With 20+ years under her belt, Sadia works in commercial print and television advertising, editorial, catalog, e-commerce, runway, bridal, press previews, and is a mannequin expert. Currently, she is the CEO of Behind The Rack, a boutique fashion service company.
Styling; visual displays; interiors; fashion and textile historian; and design and trend consultant.
Nancy Alusick is a working freelance stylist, visual display artist and interior designer. Her background includes working as Accessory Editor for both Vogue Patterns and Harper’s Bazaar magazines. She became a freelance stylist in the l980’s working with varied magazines, catalogs, and ad agencies and has since also developed clientele in the areas of visual display and interior design.
- 5 Sessions: Fashion Styling 101
- 3 Sessions: Pinning: The Art of Fit
- 4 Sessions: Still Life Fundamentals
- 5 Sessions: Photo Shoots
Center for Continuing and Professional Studies (CCPS)
FIT's CCPS offers credit and noncredit certificates and courses in fashion, business, design, technology, and marketing, to help you enter into or advance your career in the fashion and related industries. With short programs and flexible schedules, you can learn at a time and pace you can manage and afford.