Most campus demonstrations are peaceful and people not involved should attempt to carry on business as usual.
Avoid provoking or obstructing demonstrators. Should a disturbance occur, call Campus Security at (212) 217-7777.
If a disturbance seems to threaten the occupants of the building, report it immediately to Campus Security and take the following actions:
- Alert all persons in the area of the situation.
- Lock all doors and windows.
- Close blinds to prevent flying glass.
- If you are concerned for your safety, you may leave your work area and notify your supervisor.
- If evacuation is ordered, follow directions from the New York Police Department, Campus Security, FIT Personnel or other emergency responders.