Many Precollege courses require supplies which students must purchase on their own, particularly our art and design courses. Students receive a supply list on the first day of classes; some instructors may email supply lists to the 'parent's email address' provided during registration.
Instructors may require a smaller list of supplies on the first day of class and additional materials based on class projects.
Based on the current prices of materials, students should expect to spend up to $60 for supplies per course. Photography classes that include darkroom use may require spending up to $130 for supplies as photography paper can be expensive.
If you would like to email your instructor with any supply list questions please use the instructor contact list.
Supply Shopping Tips
- Check your own collection of supplies before purchasing new things: If you already have a sketchbook, newsprint pad, markers etc. there is no need to buy a brand new set unless you want to.
- Purchase store brand: Typically, the store brand is comparable to name brands, but is often "student" grade and more affordable. They are great for beginners and experimenters.
- Keep your receipts: Always keep your receipts for returns or exchanges.
- If you are unsure of an item: Don't buy it just yet. You may email your instructor or wait and ask them any questions on the first day of class. For a list of instructor emails please click here.
- If you are registered for more than one class: Compare your supply lists and make sure you don't buy duplicates. For example: you can use the same sketch pad for two drawing classes.
(Individual student supplies are not part of the $15 materials fee paid during the registration process-please see more information here)