Fraudulent Financial Activities Reporting
Policy No. FI003
This policy establishes overall roles and responsibilities of members of the Fashion Institute of Technology (“FIT” or “the college”) community for reporting potential fraud at the college. The college’s resources must be used for valid and appropriate business needs, free of misuse, misappropriation, or dishonest activity. Managers and supervisors are responsible for educating employees about proper conduct, creating an environment that deters financial fraud, maintaining effective internal controls, and detecting possible fraudulent activity. Managers and supervisors must be cognizant of the risks and exposures inherent in their area of responsibility and be aware of symptoms of fraudulent financial activities. This policy establishes a formal protocol for reporting any known or suspected fraudulent financial activities.
Who is Affected by this Policy
- All members of the FIT Community
- Responsible Administrator(s): Vice President for Finance and Administration; Secretary and General Counsel of the College
- Responsible Office(s): Office of the Controller; Office of the General Counsel
- Implementation History: Issued November 2013; Updated August 2019; September 2019, November 2020
- Contact(s): Vice President for Finance and Administration; Office of the General Counsel; Director of Public Safety; Vice President for Human Resource Management and Labor Relations
View Official Policy
FI003, Fraudulent Financial Activities Reporting (.pdf)
This PDF document is the official version of this policy.