User Experience Design Certificate
A career accelerator for creative professionals
Through the introduction of UX design workflow, research methodologies, ideation process as well as hands-on development of wireframe, interaction design, prototyping, and usability testing, our goal is to provide you with a well-rounded education in UX design that will foster career growth. Gain a portfolio-building UX design project as well as a clear understanding of UX design principles and processes, which will enable you to continue developing your portfolio after you complete the program.
This certificate is tailored for creative professionals who are looking to advance their career in the exciting field of UX design.
- Proficiency in design software such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of design fundamentals such as typography and layout
- High-speed internet connection
- Design-grade laptop or desktop computer that is capable of running the latest browser and streaming media
- Built-in or external webcam and speakers
*If you think you are eligible for the 10% Alumni Discount, please complete the Alumni Verification Form prior to registration in order to receive your discount code.
Learn How To
- Think about design
- Utilize the UX working environment, workflow, and research methodologies
- Do competitive and comparative analysis
- Conduct and compile empathy interviews
- Visualize the customer journey
- Create personas, scenarios, sitemaps, wireframes, and wireflows
- Make low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes
- Apply usability testing methodologies
- Build microinteractions and UX design
- Use fundamental UI design principles
- Prepare a UX portfolio
- Classes taught by top industry experts
- Certificate helps you prepare a high quality UX design portfolio
- The focus is helping you transition into a UX design career
- Team-teaching methodology maximizes your learn outcomes
- Curriculum Designed by FIT's Creative Technology & Design Program
- Certification from a world-renowned college
Center for Continuing and Professional Studies (CCPS)
FIT's CCPS offers credit and noncredit certificates and courses in fashion, business, design, technology, and marketing, to help you enter into or advance your career in the fashion and related industries. With short programs and flexible schedules, you can learn at a time and pace you can manage and afford.