Policy No: CR001
The college recognizes blogging as an important communications tool. The purpose of this policy is to define and govern the use of official FIT blogs for communication and promotion of FIT-related information in support of its educational mission and strategic goals.
This policy applies to those blogs that are managed by administrative personnel who produce and promote information in support of the college. This policy does not apply to blogs developed as a component of academic coursework (including as part of a project or other course-related assignment), through industry-sponsored contests/research, by student clubs or student organizations, or by individuals associated with other college-recognized partnerships or affiliations. Such blogs, however, are subject to copyright and intellectual property laws as well as other FIT policies.
Who is Affected by this Policy
- FIT community members (e.g., employees, students) managing and contributing to FIT Blogs
- Responsible Administrator(s): Vice President for Communications and External Relations
- Responsible Office(s): Communications and External Relations
- Implementation History: Issued N/A; Updated September 2018
- Contact(s): Communications and External Relations
View Official Policy
CR001, Blogging (.pdf)
*This PDF document is the official version of this policy.