My Account, which you can access via the OneSearch, the Library Catalog, provides online access to your library account.
More information about how to access My Library Account
Use Library Card/My Account to view...
- Activities: Loans and Renewals, Interlibrary Loan Requests, Hold Requests, Fines and Messages
- Blocks: Information about any blocks on your account
Library reminder and overdue notices are sent to your FIT email.
Renewing Your Books
- Renewals* are allowed online or at Access Services/Circulation Desk. No telephone renewals
- Renew your books several days before they are due
- Overdue books may be renewed online. Any fines owed will be added to your record
- Always check your Library record after performing a remote renewal to confirm new due date
- If for any reason a book cannot be renewed remotely, please bring it back to the Library on or before the due date and/or contact us
- If remote renewal services are unavailable, try again later or bring the books to the Access/Services Circulation desk and/or contact us
- Any of the following conditions will prevent you from renewing your material:
- There is a restriction on your borrowing record (ie. your account has been placed on Hold for overdue material)
- The material has been recalled (ie. by a faculty member or by the Access Services Unit)
- There is a hold request on the material
- You have reached the renewal limit*
- The material itself is non-renewable (ie. library use only)
At the end of the semester, your borrowing privileges expire unless you have registered for the upcoming semester. You will not be able to renew if you're not registered. For example, a student is registered for the Fall Semester, loan privileges will end at the end of the Fall Semester. Or a student is registered for the Spring Semester, but has not registered for Summer OR for Fall, they may not borrow material during the Summer.
- Holds Requests can be placed on material that is currently checked out; however there is an option to request the title from another library.
- You're welcome to place a hold request for items owned and available at the FIT Library. For step-by-step instructions, please see our Borrowing Materials page.
*Renewals: 3 for graduate students, 2 for undergraduates, 1 for staff and faculty
Please call or email the Access Services Unit with questions/concerns/issues regarding any overdue items and/or fines at (212) 217-4360 or [email protected]