Two-Year AAS or Two-Year BS Degree Program
If you are a high school student
You should apply to the two-year Associate in Applied Science (AAS) program. High school students may not apply directly to the Bachelor of Science (BS) program. On completing the AAS, many students choose to apply to the two-year BS program.
If you have an AAS from FIT
You may apply to the bachelor's degree program. Graduates of this program may apply to the Bachelor of Science (BS) program in Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing, Direct and Interactive Marketing, Fashion Business Management, Home Products Development, International Trade and Marketing for the Fashion Industries, Production Management: Fashion and Related Industries, or Textile Development and Marketing. If you complete certain prerequisite courses, you may apply to the Advertising and Marketing Communications BS program.
NOTE: FM 114 and 244, MA 222, SS 141, and TS 111 are considered bridge courses for this major, and must be completed prior to fifth (5) semester for students accepted into the BS program from non-FBM Associate Degree programs. See your advisor for more information.
If you have credits or a degree from another college
You may apply to the bachelor's degree program as a transfer student if you meet one of the following criteria by the time you enroll at FIT:
- you will have earned an associates or bachelor's degree in a program that is exactly equivalent to the FIT Fashion Business Management AAS program
- you will have earned at least 60 credits toward a bachelor's degree in an equivalent or related program
A college program is equivalent if it contains the same major area and liberal arts distribution as the FIT Fashion Merchandising Management AAS program. Applicants from college programs that are not equivalent must apply to the AAS program.
Please note that FIT AAS students receive priority admissions consideration to the Bachelor level.
One-Year AAS Degree Program (on campus and online)
The application for one-year AAS programs is the same application used for the two-year programs. Once the application is filed, an official college transcript from each institution should be forwarded to the Admissions Office showing all completed coursework and, if applicable, degree and date granted.
You may apply to the one-year program if you have
- graduated from a four-year college or completed at least 30 transferable credits at a college with a minimum of 24 credits equivalent to FIT's liberal arts requirements:
- 3 credits in college-level mathematics above basic algebra
- 3 credits in English composition
- 3 credits in literature or speech
- 3 credits in physical science, biology, or life science
- 12 credits in the humanities/social sciences
- one course in physical education.