About the Office of Human Resources
The mission of the Office of Human Resources (OHR) is founded on the core values of integrity, equity & inclusion, service and excellence in order to facilitate the attraction, retention, and engagement of a highly-qualified and diverse work force. OHR’s goals and objectives are driven by and support the achievement of the institution’s strategic goals and objectives by engaging faculty and staff to do their best work in delivering innovative and unconventional education experiences for students.
The FIT HR Team facilitates the attraction, retention, and engagement of highly-qualified, diverse, work force in order to support the achievement of the institution's strategic goals and objectives.
To be recognized as the best-in-class HR service provider that contributes to the engagement of faculty and staff to do their best work in delivering innovative and unconventional educational experiences for FIT students.
- Integrity: Exhibits highest degree of integrity, empathy, and professionalism in all interactions
- Equality & Inclusion: Is a primary partner in attracting and retaining a diverse workforce and ensuring equality in the application of HR programs, policies, and the administration of the collective bargaining agreement
- Service: Promotes employee engagement and development
- Excellence: Utilizes best practices in the delivery of HR and employee services
333 Seventh Avenue, 16th Floor
Fax: (212) 217-3651
Our mailing address:
Fashion Institute of Technology
Office of Human Resources
227 West 27th Street
New York, NY 10001-5992
Contact us through HR Solution Center if you have questions about:
- benefits programs
- faculty compensation programs
- labor relations
- new hire onboarding
- leave of absence and time management
- reasonable accommodations (ADA)
- Workers' Compensation
- all other general HR topics
If you need employment and salary verification (including PSLF Applications), fill out the Employment Verification Request form. (MyFIT login required)
If you have questions about payroll administration, including questions about direct deposit and tax forms, contact Payroll at (212) 217-3890 or [email protected].
For a complete list of employees, please refer to the Human Resources Employee Directory (.pdf).